This guy has the funniest personality and is one of my coolest looking fish

0B88DE99-420B-4B52-81DA-B5706AF34D5F.jpeg

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bioluminescent organisms living in my tanks. Reason I think this is the coolest thing in tanks is this its not often documented in reef aquariums and often goes unseen or unnoticed. I bet a lot of other reef aquariums out there have Bioluminescent shows going on at night that have never been observed. its not easy to get pictures of these displays as most of it will not be picked up by the camera. Nothing better than sitting down in front of the tanks in the dark watching for flashing lights.

Picture of one of the bioluminescent brittle starfish living in my refugium.
IMG_3912 (2).JPG
Dang you lucky dog!! I used to play on the beach in Maine at night when the bio was out and it was blue sparkly water. Totally trippy and blows me away. We got glow worms here in WNC not quite as cool

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK here is a pic of my coolest and newest thing I think is awesome. As my wife agrees, I must be on to something. She likes it more than the powder blue tang and the mandarin dragonet combined.

It is called StM_SS_Acropora in Latin, or more commonly named:

"Save the Marriage Slop Sink" and it is located in "Your basement".

Hey @AZMSGT this has to make me a finalist at least, right? I know you said "in the tank" but this is located really close to 260 gallons of frag fun.

Alright, back to the superficial eye candy. Lets see what yall got. Any other StM acropora out there?

IMG-4133.jpg

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think urchins are cool so I will say my long spine black sea urchin for my reef tank and include a pic of him.

But the coolest animal I have in a tank I think is my panther crab. I have never seen anyone else with one and his carapace is 3 inches across. i have had him for two years in a 110 gallon community planted tank. Got him when he was just half an inch. I know its not saltwater but he is awesome.

IMG_1966.JPG
IMG_1989.JPG
unnamed.jpg
crab.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back