What do you think of your Inkbird controller

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used one on each of my 2 nano tanks. Both yanks less than a year old, but I love them so far! I'm going to get a couple for the 2 heaters I use in my 55 FW planted.

puckett26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use the WiFi models? I considered those a few times but just end up sticking with old reliable.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use the WiFi models? I considered those a few times but just end up sticking with old reliable.

my 306a is Wi-fi, it even connects to Amazon Alexa, I get a warning if the tank drops or gets to hot and I can also look in on the current temp.
Not part of the Wi-fi but the app also has a graph charting the temp.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mine has been dependable and matches the temp on my Apex and chiller units

puckett26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 306a is Wi-fi, it even connects to Amazon Alexa, I get a warning if the tank drops or gets to hot and I can also look in on the current temp.
Not part of the Wi-fi but the app also has a graph charting the temp.

I may just have to check this out. Sounds legit.

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 of the dual heater outlet ones, one in use the other will be a replacement for which ever heater goes out first of the 3 set up. Other 2 are not same brand. I will get another one when they go on sale again

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ink-Bird included brochure I got with mine states that it is "Plug and Play Temperature Controller". Has anyone ever found it to be "Plug and Play"? I'm on day three of trying to get mine set-up and running...

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ink-Bird included brochure I got with mine states that it is "Plug and Play Temperature Controller". Has anyone ever found it to be "Plug and Play"? I'm on day three of trying to get mine set-up and running...

It’s definitely not in the same league as setting up a new iPhone, simple enough though after reading the setup guide at least 3 times :D

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get mine Monday from BRS really looking forward to it!

a tip for you, check the temp variation, depending on the model, if you want the smallest temp variation, set the reading to Celsius, which will give you a 0.3 margin, Fahrenheit is slightly higher.

NigelRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mine - the one with the dual plastic coated probes.... but I have found one quirk

When I look at the temperature history graph on my phone it - without fail - drops out for 30 mins in each 24 hour period and doesnt record anything

Not a big issue, and I have no reason to believe its frozen, or boiled my tank for 30 mins but then magically fixed itself, but it is odd that every single day - at a different time of day - the data logging stops for a bit of a snooze...

Anyone else experienced the same?

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a tip for you, check the temp variation, depending on the model, if you want the smallest temp variation, set the reading to Celsius, which will give you a 0.3 margin, Fahrenheit is slightly higher.
Thank you for the tip. I purchased the wifi 306a

Rogueaquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using mine to control my JBJ 1000W & it’s been working well for the past 7months

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mine - the one with the dual plastic coated probes.... but I have found one quirk

When I look at the temperature history graph on my phone it - without fail - drops out for 30 mins in each 24 hour period and doesnt record anything

Not a big issue, and I have no reason to believe its frozen, or boiled my tank for 30 mins but then magically fixed itself, but it is odd that every single day - at a different time of day - the data logging stops for a bit of a snooze...

Anyone else experienced the same?

yes mine does this too, though I have never studied it closely, not sure if exactly the same, though it sounds similar to what you described.

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well 12 days after saying I liked my dual probe 306A I had what I feel like was a failure on.

The inability to know what temperature each probe is at lead to alot of wild temperature swings of 5 degrees F before error code E4 turns on. Even attempting to calibrate it caused other issues. I went back to using a 306T with the metal probe for now (ordered a single plastic probe version), when I put it in my tank was almost 81F while the 306A with 2 probes was reading 76, and with correction of +4f would flip to 84f.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the 306A and it was very inconsistent with wide fluctuations. Switched to the Hygger and am much happier with the consistency.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well 12 days after saying I liked my dual probe 306A I had what I feel like was a failure on.

The inability to know what temperature each probe is at lead to alot of wild temperature swings of 5 degrees F before error code E4 turns on. Even attempting to calibrate it caused other issues. I went back to using a 306T with the metal probe for now (ordered a single plastic probe version), when I put it in my tank was almost 81F while the 306A with 2 probes was reading 76, and with correction of +4f would flip to 84f.

You do know both probes are meant to be placed together?

Back