What do you use for a battery backup on the Nero 5?

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RS Reefer 250 being delivered this Thursday and was torn between the MP40 and the Nero 5. I finally selected the Nero 5 because I didn’t like the appearance of the wire mounted on the outside of the glass on the MP40 and also the Nero 5 had a smaller profile mounted inside the tank. However one concern I have is the fact that they don’t sell a battery backup for the Nero 5 like you can get for the MP40. I live in a condo in Florida and have experienced some blackouts in the past from FPL (not just from a hurricane) so I definitely need something compact, any suggestions? Is it possible that AquaIllumination is planning to release a battery backup in the near future?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 1500w PC back up. It's like $200 and will run my pumps for like 6-7hrs. I have 2 Nero 5

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information, have you actually needed to use this PC backup or are you just estimating the time?
I had to use it and now I remember it was with only 1 pump running at the time. The battery back up tells you how many minutes it has. It seem spot on. I had to use it for 4hrs once

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back