What do you use in you hospitality tanks?

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so peeps what do you use in you hospitality tanks to treat you fishes?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning mine out right now. My tank will be a 40B covered w/ a mesh top and will run a 20H as a sump. It will utilize an MP10 (cause I have it spare) and still looking for a skimmer for the setup.It will also use ports from my Apex to control topoff and the heater and lights.

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what medication will you be using?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem Culpramine, PraziPro, and maybe Furan-2 packets for antibiotics - not at the same time of course :)

skibum9884

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning mine out right now. My tank will be a 40B covered w/ a mesh top and will run a 20H as a sump. It will utilize an MP10 (cause I have it spare) and still looking for a skimmer for the setup.It will also use ports from my Apex to control topoff and the heater and lights.

I'd recommend not using a skimmer! It will likely skim out some of the medications (i.e. - prazipro specifically states to turn off the skimmer). You could however use it before adding any meds, and if you take the cup off it could function as very expensive aeration of the tank while medicating!

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have now successfully had my fish in qt for the last 8 weeks (they will be going in my dt by the end of next week). All I have in the hospital tank is some pvc that gives my fish a place to hide and feel safe as well as a hang on back filter with nothing but filter floss that I change out every other day when I do water changes. Has worked very well for me.

seareefrun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
34077 Paseo Padre Parkway apt 34 Fremont CA, 94555
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 5 gallon marineland cell cast octagon with bio wheel & light hood that holds a CFL 50/50.
I use chelated copper to start after a fresh water dip for 90 seconds in RO/DI (or bottled water in a pinch).
No skimmer.
Keep some small hardy fish( two green damsel's) to keep the cycle going.
Last but not least. Acclimate from store to hospital to Home.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice guys. The only reason I was planning to use a skimmer was that my last quarantine setup got nasty pretty quick. I was using an AquaClear 70 with the inTank media basket in it, and it was just gross.

My Q tank would be for long term, and not all fish would go through meds if they look fine after a few weeks in quarantine. I can get stuff for cheap brand new, or I'll buy something used.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back