What do you want to know about BRS staff reefers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're working on a fun new project to give some insight to our customers about our BRS staff reefers on our customer service teams. What kind of questions would you like to see answered about them?

Here's a smattering of our ideas:

• How long have you been in the hobby, and what got you into reefing?
  • What is your favorite ________ (pump/skimmer/controller/RODI system/etc)?
  • Outside of aquariums, what other pets do you have?
  • Biggest lesson learned the hard way / most important lesson learned
  • Why you love working at BRS
  • Favorite fish or corals and why
  • Most important piece of tank equipment
  • Your best reefing hack

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • What reefing belief/approach has remained unchanged since the beginning?
  • What reefing belief/approach has changed the most since the beginning?
  • What product doesn't exist that you wish did?
  • Best thing about Minneapolis?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you maintain/keep a tank at home (size & type ) and does it get the attention it deserves. Also Do you get Cool Stuff from Ryan :p (vendor promos ect)

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s Bryan “really” like for a boss? Being a YouTube star and all!

Just kidding[emoji57]

How many years of reefing experience do you have?

How do you decide which product to recommend when there are so many quality choices?

How long have you been with BRS?

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Less about the questions but id love to see each of their tanks! I know nearly all of the customer support team have their own desk tanks, that would be fun! Even if they arent doing too hot lol

Oh DEFINITELY we'll spotlight the tanks! We're hoping for them to each have a little bio page and maybe even be able to update it from time to time. Should be fun :)

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s Bryan “really” like for a boss? Being a YouTube star and all!

Just kidding[emoji57]

How many years of reefing experience do you have?

How do you decide which product to recommend when there are so many quality choices?

How long have you been with BRS?

SUCH a DIVA! :D J/K - I can tell you though he's super passionate and and does an A+ job at distracting us all with random stories or conversations. Lol, he can be a productivity killer but it's worth it, we all have a great time.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many employees has BRS funneled into the reefing community? Surely you've hired some people with no previous reefing experience.

I think it would be interesting to get a behind the scenes look at the BRS studio for creating content. From the studio itself to the hardware involved and how many people it takes and how long it takes to create a video.

Aside from the BRS chemical lines has BRS ever, or plan to ever create their own branded hardware? Either re-branding an existing product or creating a new piece of technology?

Will BRS ever be publicly traded on the stock market?!?!

I may have got off path a little, but hey its just conversation!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How has working for such a large company impacted your view of the hobby in general?

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happen to Reid from the old BRS videos? Does he still work at BRS?

Ah, you've been with us for awhile! ;) Probably ~5 years ago, Reid actually found an awesome new opportunity and moved on. We still hear from him now and again!

How many employees has BRS funneled into the reefing community? Surely you've hired some people with no previous reefing experience.

I think it would be interesting to get a behind the scenes look at the BRS studio for creating content. From the studio itself to the hardware involved and how many people it takes and how long it takes to create a video.

Aside from the BRS chemical lines has BRS ever, or plan to ever create their own branded hardware? Either re-branding an existing product or creating a new piece of technology?

Will BRS ever be publicly traded on the stock market?!?!

I may have got off path a little, but hey its just conversation!

lol, no prob! Good questions/input. Wow, I have no idea the # we've brought into the hobby over the years, but ALMOST every office employee has a tank at their desk, and we're happy to teach our warehouse staff the hobby as well. At one time we had a formal training program for those interested, actually. So.... a lot?

Behind the scenes; I'm going to pass that one on to @Ryanbrs and @randyBRS - but that sounds like a fun idea! They are both on instagram (linked here: ryanbrs, randoreefer), and post behind the scenes content.

We aren't opposed to additional BRS branded items, but admittedly have an extremely high bar for anything we put our name on so it's a process. :)

Publicly traded? Not sure, to be honest.

Ctg0209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has working for such a large company impacted your view of the hobby in general?
I think a secondary question to this would be has making a career out of the hobby changed your enjoyment level of the hobby?

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some inside baseball into BRStv: Ryan and I each have a team of three writers on staff, a makeup and wardrobe department, and a cue card holder. :p HAHA! J/K

I’ll make a greater effort to capture some of the things we do over on IG. For me, it’s a 2-3 day process to research and write about a topic then we’re off to filming, which could take a couple of hours for the standup behind the table and a few hours for all of the shots to show what I’m talking about. After that Carlos chops up the footage, we pour over it for accuracy, get it approved by Ryan and on to YouTube it goes! :)

@Ryanbrs process is more efficient and refined (he’s been doing it for years), where it seems like all he has to do is wake up on a Saturday morning with an idea, write a 20-30minute video worth of info, and walk in on Monday to spend 1-2hrs filming and he’s done.... BRStv masterpiece! LOL.

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do the non reef obsessed staff think of the hobby? I know I interviewed with a professional sports league once, and one of the questions was about my favorite team... I don't really watch sports, so that was basically the end of that interview! It's always interesting to hear from non hobbyists how they see the hobby, and especially being in the heart of an organization makes it doubly so. It's kind of like those "how does your spouse tolerate your hobby" and threads.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back