What does it mean if the shark has red spots
image.jpg

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It means it is severely stressed and it’s immune system is breaking down. What is the ammonia level in the tank?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps something bacterial. It doesn’t seem like you know about basic maintenance yet. The shark needs very good water quality. Is it eating? Needs a varied diet of quality foods with selcon.

You need to test Nitrate and ammonia. You need a proper filtration system. Large skimmer and live rock and such.

You want to know how to run a successful tank and then get a shark. Otherwise the shark likely dies.

OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
redness is usually a sign of bacterial infection in sharks. what are the water parameters? nitrate, nitrite, ammonia? unrelated, but Does it have a cave or ledge to hide under during the day,
Yes and thanks the nitrate is a little high I’m doing water change rn!

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a small water change isn’t going to help. you would need like a 75% water change with water the same temp as the tank. it might need antibiotics. you also didn’t answer any of my questions so i won’t be replying to you again in the future. can’t help you if don’t listen and respond. gotta love internet forums,,,

OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a small water change isn’t going to help. you would need like a 75% water change with water the same temp as the tank. it might need antibiotics. you also didn’t answer any of my questions so i won’t be replying to you again in the future. can’t help you if don’t listen and respond. gotta love internet forums,,,
I’m trying to answer everyone there is a lot of ppl taking to me

Back