What does OG mean? (in terms of coral)

aKlevans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does it mean when a coral has "OG" before its name?
Company name?
Ocean Grown?
Original?

Thanks!

Tyler Collinske

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually it’s Original Grower for example you will see OG WWC Bounce. OG- Original Grower WWC- World wide corals - the starter of that name brand coral , Bounce meaning the coral in this case the bounce Mushroom.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original Gangsta. Only the toughest nastiest corals get this designation. :cool:

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What does it mean when a coral has "OG" before its name?
Company name?
Ocean Grown?
Original?

Thanks!

It means this...
36B480C5-2CC6-46F5-870A-834A83589EF1.jpeg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont get this especially pertaining with unique corals. I have seen a few of their corals that I have never seen anywhere else, like ac certain zoa. They just put uc infront of it. I know that wwc puts their name in front of everything they sell I think, which most is wild collected I believe. I used to think they grew and fragged stuff or aquacultured but they dont have the time to wait for the corals to grow so most is wild I believe. i have been doing all my shopping lately with unique since I won a 1,00.00 gift card..dont be hatin..lol Anyway, I got a watermelon chalice from them with OG in fron of it. It looks different than most watermelon chalice and has a brighter orange color and a thinner green rim and not so much blue. So I have been wondering about this. If this was their own strain or something I dont get why It woulnt just say UC watermeon chalice. I do know I see a lot of OG bounce mushrooms!

Back