What does Reef2Reef the website and owners do to give back to the the hobby beyond the forum?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What beyond the forums is R2R doing to give back to Reefing? Here’s a chance for you to blow your own horn. Donations to reefing organizations that are trying to save the reefs? I’m sure you guys are doing something charitable I’m just wondering what? Macna donations?

We all know about toys for tots, but I’m hoping there is more for the trade or industry specific that you are involved in.

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What beyond the forums is R2R doing to give back to Reefing? Here’s a chance for you to blow your own horn. Donations to reefing organizations that are trying to save the reefs? I’m sure you guys are doing something charitable I’m just wondering what? Macna donations?

We all know about toys for tots, but I’m hoping there is more for the trade or industry specific that you are involved in.
I know a lot of contributors here do things like working with local communities to establish responsible fish and coral farming. Reefbuilders is one, and there are probably hundreds more. I like to think of this hobby as a collective of reef lovers who collect specimens ranging from common to exotic--and when the oceans run dry on the apocalypse, we will all make a pilgrimage to places like the Great Barrier Reef to glue in frags of the hardy colonies we've been keeping for years. Initiatives like Coral Track (in beta) are actually inventorying the coral in individual reef tanks--perhaps initiatives/companies like that could do more good, should we ever need to put coral back into the ocean to repopulate, or supplement endangered coral species.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was with R2R personally at mains and they Teamed with BRS and gave away goods and many reefing items including stickers and towels.
Keep in mind, R2R is a community and not an organization with limited funding

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We give to several organizations in many different ways that directly benefit the hobby. Thanks for asking.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, no I can’t.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every Saturday morning I use to get up at 5am and volunteer my time down at a Homeless Fish Shelter where I helped serve meals to to homeless fish

....turns out, it was a LFS just getting free labor out of me

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back