What does your QT set up look like?

saltwatr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at starting up my first QT set up with a couple things I have laying around and was curious what others are doing.

I have a 75g main tank with 40g sump that’s had a few extra bags of bio media in it since I started up. Thinking about throwing these into a small canister filter I have with maybe a sponge prefilter on the intake. Should be enough to create some flow in a 10g tank. Bare bottom with a couple big PVC elbows for cover. Buy a 50W heater off amazon and set it up in a converted garage in a spot with no direct sunlight. Thoughts?

I also have a couple of large HOB filters that I used to use on a freshwater tank.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mines very simple. 20g long tank, 2 HOB filters, about 10#s of sand on the bottom, 1 cheap power head, some PVC elbows, 2 heaters. Pretty bare. Also just to make it clear I’ve had no issues with the sand absorbing medications!

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 20g tank as well. Dual biowheel HOB - the wheels sit in the sump of my FT until needed, a maxijet 900, a heater, a few random pieces of PVC for hiding places. If it is a fish that prefers sand, a small dish of sand for it to sleep in. A pair of Kessil A360w's if there are corals, otherwise ambient light only (spillover from the FT). Parameters kept in check by doing daily water changes using water from the FT.

Simple enough that I don't set it up until I'm home with a new addition. While the bag(s) are floating in the FT's sump I get it ready.

When not in use it all sits on a shelf in the fishroom.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines very similar to the others as well. 20g long tank, two hob filters, heater, cheap led light, decoration for fish to hide and a cheap powerhead.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back