What dosing pump for AWC that is not WIFI etc so the reef-pi can control it?

Dukereefnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking at dosing pumps for AWC / CA reactor - but continuous duty pumps like Kamoer FX-STP etc are all wifi .... I do not want this as I want to use the reef-pi controller.

Any ideas?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking at dosing pumps for AWC / CA reactor - but continuous duty pumps like Kamoer FX-STP etc are all wifi .... I do not want this as I want to use the reef-pi controller.

Any ideas?
My understanding is literally any pump can be used since you are just turning it on or off. I would still go for pwm as that gives you opportunity to calibrate speed easier.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to use reef-pi and have a wired solution, I wouldn't go for a finished cased unit at all, you'd just be paying for electronics and engineering that you don't even use.

You can get individual pumps for much cheaper, like the Kamoer KCS (that's what's built into the FX-STP), even if you go for expensive control electronics, you'll probably pay less than half the price

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah any 12v pump will work, you can connect directly to a DC port and adjust the speed with reef-pi. These are common.

And I just seen this one.

Vnomus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As WVNed stated, the typical 12V peristallic pumps we use for dosing aren't really suitable for AWC (except for maybe a nano tank) due to the volume and duty cycle. Look for something like a Masterflex or Millipore dual head pump. You can usually find them on ebay cheap. I have a Milipore hooked up to my reef-pi....
20210423_164521.jpg

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back