What drugs are they on and where can I get some?

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know their prices have gotten more and more ridiculous for a while now, but... $130 for a TWO INCH POCI FRAG?!

la.png

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till you see a gsp frag for $29.99, I have seen it but not from their site. Some of these sites, have prices like that where you can buy them locally 1/3 of the price and fraction of the cost from a local reefer.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Like the other clowns that charge $35 for a xenia or kenyi tree
REDICULOUS is mildly stating my feelings on these rip off entities

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, its stuff like this that makes me say we should be allowed to say what wholesalers charge for this. I'm not saying it, because there are rules. All I'm saying is, if hypothetically speaking that piece was sold by the wholesaler supplying this retailer for about $20-$30, the same price as pre-covid, if I were to find that out I might view it as even more of a scam. Hypothetically speaking.

Scottmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure in the back of your minds you've already realised what the answer is: If the suppliers keep ripping hobbyist off, start your own fragging system and sell them at reasonable prices. Hobbyist will flock to your door, esp if organise a system of online ordering with a decent site and delivery.

Give them competition, and the greedy rip-off merchants will lose their business and quite rightly.

You guys in the States are lucky enough to live in a capatalist country (for now), make use of that freedom.

I have no doubt this site will be able to provide contacts/info on starting up.

Scott

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is ridiculous but I don’t see an issue with a company charging whatever they want. There are many options for people to buy there corals from nowadays so it’s not like it’s the only company selling corals so you just buy from places that give you another option at a better price. Funny thing is someone will probably buy it. Now if you need a certain piece of hardware from a specific company then you have no choice but to pay the price of the item if it’s what you need, that gives you no option other than going with another company’s brand. Atleast it gives us a good laugh when you see what some companies are charging for some of there corals. Glad I have some good lfs’s around me and a few online that I purchase corals from.

MJ in Boise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as people keep paying crazy prices there will be listings like this. It's a rich man's hobby. Pay or dont. Your money. The piece would prolly be $10 wholesale plus a few bucks shipping if it makes you feel any better.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen many people selling this species of poci in the states. Again I don’t think you guys should confuse this piece with the damicornis poci that is rampant in the hobby. Still it is pricey but la has the only 14 day guarentee in the hobby and in general doesn’t really screw people over with crazy prices. The only high prices are the corals that the hobby dictates to be high. The wild shortcakes and the wild del fuego colonies are priced higher because of us. They always have certain pieces priced high. Few years back it was spathulata and Echinata that were popular.
Some of these pieces come in small and they aren’t going to lower their price since it’s smaller. They still paid the same amount per piece and are trying to make their business work, and ime la isn’t a bad place to shop if you can tell what a healthy wild or mari coral looks like.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral guy haha I'm lucky. I get sps lps mushrooms acro eupyllia 10+ heads of zoa anemones all for 10-30 bucks a frag. Pieces that are great health and size. But im lucky and limited. He has a ton just not everytjing.

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till you see a gsp frag for $29.99, I have seen it but not from their site. Some of these sites, have prices like that where you can buy them locally 1/3 of the price and fraction of the cost from a local reefer.

Ahahahahahahahaha!
My lfs charged me $67.00 for a 2" piece of GSP... Mind you that's Canadian Kopeks, but still.

Back