What drugs are they on and where can I get some?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahahahahahahahaha!
My lfs charged me $67.00 for a 2" piece of GSP... Mind you that's Canadian Kopeks, but still.
So “charged” meant you really paid that much money for some gsp? I hope they were at least 5-7” wide and bright green type.

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its all about bragging right. You put 2 of the same coral together like green star polyps for example. People will not pay for a Q$20 green start polyps frag. On the contrary that green star polyps is sold by a know vendor who named it “ultra cosmo flare unicorn” or something for $99. Im sure people will pay for the $99 one. So that when someone ask what’s that coral then the person can brag that he/she got it from this famous known vendor.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two forms of green Pocci that I know of or have seen. The one listed above which has a knobbly texture and the more common cats paw or popcorn with smother nodes, and IMO is prettier and more common with amatuer propagators.

WWC was selling a $900 frag pack of common zoas a few weeks back, so eye rolls are relative.

Given the absurd growth rate of some of these corals I dont get the prices. Xenia, GSP, blue digi, etc. I would rather see online sellers set a minimum package price and give you more frags and that would benefit everybody. $200 for a bunch of ez SPS including shipping would be my suggestion. Everybody gets value. I'm more concerned these are wild caught, and that means a spawner.

Lockdowns have limited coral swaps and shutdown some retail, so online is the only option for some people. Not everybody lives in an area with a local reef trade, and these are typically the buyers.

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a related note to this post I have been trying to find some GSP for my tank because I heard it is bombproof & a nice starter Coral. As I am relatively new to the Hobby I'm not a 100% up on what all the prices should be. That being said on a personal level I feel that $30 for a small frag of something that most people deem as a nuisance in your tank might be a little excessive.

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the dozens of 4-5" Acropora colonies for under $200, many less than $100? Don't see too many other online vendors doing this? I rarely purchase from LA but props to them for still listing corals by species as well

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the dozens of 4-5" Acropora colonies for under $200, many less than $100? Don't see too many other online vendors doing this? I rarely purchase from LA but props to them for still listing corals by species as well

Exactly, the one small coral priced a little high doesn’t happen often there that’s for sure. Normally I get a colony and it’s bigger than I expected and looks better than their pics, which are straight up horrible if you ask me. But that just lets me know they don’t care to glamorize what they are selling just to get sales.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time I have seen live aquaria change the species name on something. Looks like they reposted the same piece with an updated pic and changed the species to damicornis.

SmugglersReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prices are getting higher all the time on corals and equipment. Let your tank grow out and then learn to frag and trade in to your LFS. At least that pays for your supplies. I have a 3 year old 100 gallon mixed reef. Corals started touching and creating wars and stylos and monticaps out of control. I got a dremel, some frag plugs and glue and made $800. Reefing has always been an expensive hobby but now it’s getting ridiculous.

Chewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meanwhile, your the same guys that would pay $500 for a 1 polyp zoa because someone gave it a special name like.....purple huricane unicorn fart duster.
I want one of those it must be fat and wicked looking. LOL!

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meanwhile, your the same guys that would pay $500 for a 1 polyp zoa because someone gave it a special name like.....purple huricane unicorn fart duster.
Whats worse is when they try to convince you that name actually means something. "No this is the OG purple hurricane unicorn fart duster! I got it from a guy on R2R who got it from Joe himself. This proves its the real PHUFD!"

Yes, I mean this comment to apply to literally every coral for which someone claims a "lineage". Completely made up BS. Endlessly funny.

Bosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idkno I have alot of thoughts of this but one comes to mind of a business model that has been around along time.

Sell at high cost but only sell a few
Or sell at low cost but sell allot

Perceived value is built into retail.

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time I have seen live aquaria change the species name on something. Looks like they reposted the same piece with an updated pic and changed the species to damicornis.
The funny part is that they were right the first time lol

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there was a guy on here that paid $50 for some Xenia, sooo it will sell.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back