What equipment do you use that has no connection to the Saltwater Tank Industry?

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 channel switchable(8 switched 2 always on) DJ power center to have easy access to turn off/on pumps, lights, heaters, etc without fumbling for cables and power strips. easily mounts to the cabinet of my RSR 170 with a 3U server mount, leaving plenty of space on the door for the pump controllers and inside wall for the power bricks. all the cables are plugged in through the back, except one on front which i use for my water change pump. also has two USB ports in front, should you want to monitor things with two Wyze cameras. Incredibly brilliant for aquarium use, i don't know why higher end aquarium cabinets don't come with these built-in. cost me $53 from Amazon for power center, maybe $30 for the 3U shelf bracket, another $10 for cable management/tidy covers. Note: I had to use 3U bracket and put power supply in the lowest position to clear the front "lip" of the cabinet. planning on running two of these vertically in a 2U shelf bracket on my RSR350 once i find time to make a schematic.

yes, its a mess in the picture, and its oversaturated and WAY overcorrected. that pic was taken as i was installing the power center and my buddy says "hey, WYD?" lol and i had to mess with the exposure and such to make things more visible.
Damm

atomos

52 32 52 20 52 6f 63 6b 73
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cambro Containers - Used for Storage (sand, gravel...)
Rubbermaid Commercial Products Clear - Used for Storage, Coral Dipping, and etc.
Plastic bottle drain holders -Clip on from dollar store
Stainless steel kitchen cart
Glass beakers
Wide mouthed spout wash bottles
Test tube racks
Lab drying racks
Parafilm
Dog training pads
Sneeze guard
Dremel
Dental Tools
Brute Cans
Mortar/Pestle
Ridgid Tube Cutter
Various Chemicals (e.g., Alconox)
5 Gallon Bucket Liner Bags (Food grade/BPA Free)

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turkey baster of course. Syringes for measuring ml's, tooth brush for scrubbing rocks, a kids sand bucket for acclimating fish and tupperware or french white small casserole pan for dipping corals, bone cutters for cutting frag posts. drimmel. drill for drilling holes in rocks. small baby bottle type brush for cleaning powerheads. dog food large plastic container on wheels for storing rodi and mixing saltwater. Brute trash can for curing rock! A cooler on wheels for emptying tank water for water changes. small water bottle to hold small amounts of rodi for rinsing cuvettes, beakers for measuring adding alk by hand. super glue for frags. various chemical slike vinegar, perxide, citrus acid. I am sure there are many more I cant think of now!

Last edited:

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think you're confused? What about his father. I love you dad and clean the glass to show your love for me. And take care of that bobbit worm mom.
Ohhh. He uses his father to clean the tank!!!! I was so confused before!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My float switches in my tank and in my water RO/DI resivour are made from old mercury switches in thermostats. They never fail. :)

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of steel pipe for light stand. I made my light stand out of a coat rack, modified it so I can rotate one side out to gain tank access. And a little sunflower vine decoration for the wife.

Attachments

• 20210421_184648[1243].jpg
    20210421_184648[1243].jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 19

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paint brushes and rollers
Acrylic Paint
Pneumatic nail gun
Air compressor
Tig welder
Pipe wrench
T5 warehouse lights (8x54)
Double pole, double throw latching relays
Junction boxes
Sprinkler timer
Sprinkler valves
Styrofoam minnow bucket
Fishing string and barbless hooks
Non lubricated, non powdered condoms
Sunglasses with UV protection
GoPro

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back