What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

iDeath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both an apex and vertex and although the vertex had its share of initial issues... it's been pretty rock steady for awhile now. I think they're kind done with their growing pains...

Drakonis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex kind of done with growing pains? Im not sure what thats based on but cant say I agree. As far as I am aware, I am the only one with a modified cerebra that stabilized the issues (did this myself before even the scitronix split happened). I was in full contact with vertex for this, tested different scenarios, and even was asked by scitronix for what I did which they tried to copy (I did not share info) but from what I heard did not work.

Personally while I was "in the know" I was much more willing to let this play out but now im not sure anyone knows for sure whats happening outside of Ben and Jason. I am offended by their behavior lately and have little faith in the delivery of V2 as they have shunned or severed communication with several people who were top informers/helpers/employees... key word were.

Vertex if you read this pull your heads out of your @$* and open your eyes. You have burned many bridges and its more and more obvious its not for the better!

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex kind of done with growing pains? Im not sure what thats based on but cant say I agree. As far as I am aware, I am the only one with a modified cerebra that stabilized the issues (did this myself before even the scitronix split happened). I was in full contact with vertex for this, tested different scenarios, and even was asked by scitronix for what I did which they tried to copy (I did not share info) but from what I heard did not work.

Personally while I was "in the know" I was much more willing to let this play out but now im not sure anyone knows for sure whats happening outside of Ben and Jason. I am offended by their behavior lately and have little faith in the delivery of V2 as they have shunned or severed communication with several people who were top informers/helpers/employees... key word were.

Vertex if you read this pull your heads out of your @$* and open your eyes. You have burned many bridges and its more and more obvious its not for the better!

Wow... that is just crazy. I wonder how things got so bad internally at vertex on this project.

iDeath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry I'm not really "in the know" and have no dog in this fight. I joined their forum when it started up but haven't been on there for a long time. I just use the product and truthfully it wasn't great for me at the start. It was very unimpressive as it would crash frequently and then have other various errors. I'm not even sure which firmware I'm on frankly. I just stopped updating once it stopped crashing and that last update was ~5 months ago now. So that's where my opinion comes from. It's been stable long enough for me to say the growing pains seem to be over.

Drakonis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm not really "in the know" and have no dog in this fight. I joined their forum when it started up but haven't been on there for a long time. I just use the product and truthfully it wasn't great for me at the start. It was very unimpressive as it would crash frequently and then have other various errors. I'm not even sure which firmware I'm on frankly. I just stopped updating once it stopped crashing and that last update was ~5 months ago now. So that's where my opinion comes from. It's been stable long enough for me to say the growing pains seem to be over.
I did not mean for that to be directed at you aside from not agreeing that growing pains are over. it was not my intent to offend you and i appologise if it was recieved that way.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex stopped supporting V1 over a year ago. V1 was made by scitronix. Vertex and scitronix no longer do busness together. V2 hasn't been released yet. Plenty of growing pains yet to come, even though Vertex is technically more than 8 years into this, they haven't really even started yet. It's unfortunate, but I hope they are able to produce a nice controller in house. If nothing else than to give the v1 supporters something to feel good about.

iDeath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I was not offended. Sorry if it came off that way. I just wanted to express where my opinion came from.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Vertex stopped supporting V1 over a year ago. V1 was made by scitronix. Vertex and scitronix no longer do busness together. V2 hasn't been released yet. Plenty of growing pains yet to come, even though Vertex is technically more than 8 years into this, they haven't really even started yet. It's unfortunate, but I hope they are able to produce a nice controller in house. If nothing else than to give the v1 supporters something to feel good about.

SciTronix even teased a release of their own controller

https://reefbuilders.com/2017/07/18...-teaser-video-of-their-littleblue-controller/

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Drakonis Dustin told me the modification you did worked! Are you still using the v1 to any extent? It seems the relationship between the 2 companies was beyond repair before a solution could have been implemented. At this point, that is a little frustrating as a working v1 could have bridged the gap until Vertex releases their "in house" controller.

Having said that, who knows what all went on behind the scenes to get to exactly where we are today?

Drakonis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Drakonis Dustin told me the modification you did worked! Are you still using the v1 to any extent? It seems the relationship between the 2 companies was beyond repair before a solution could have been implemented. At this point, that is a little frustrating as a working v1 could have bridged the gap until Vertex releases their "in house" controller.
I am still running it 100% in control of my tank and no issues outside of software related things. i am not as skilled woth droid programming as others so patching that is not me. i have DDNS through no-ip and a home pc for remote access etc.

Thats not to say a platform upgrade was a bad idea but thats a whole other subject.

Drakonis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Having said that, who knows what all went on behind the scenes to get to exactly where we are today?
They could have patched v1 at any time. my understanding is they own rights to it but ive never heard details of the lawsuit with scitronix for outcome and who has rights to what

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read through this thread to see what I missed this last year. FWIW, my V1 still works rock solid, but one outlet did crap out. I think it would go a long way to credibility and faith if Vertex would/had just communicate(d) frequently and honestly with the market and beta testers. No one seems to think they have or do or will. Where are we now since 2010? If a V2 fall release is imminent, where is the big advertising push from vendors? Where are the working models? Why isn’t Vertex going to MACNA? I’d rather Vertex just tell me we’re a long way off than repeatedly trying to convince everyone they are always on the verge of release. I wish Vertex success. As promised on paper, the V1 or V2 is a great product. Hope it turns out that way! For the near future I have other plans for my tank. Still hoping for a 3rd major player and choice next to the other big 2 - Apex and GHL.

OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read through this thread to see what I missed this last year. FWIW, my V1 still works rock solid, but one outlet did crap out. I think it would go a long way to credibility and faith if Vertex would/had just communicate(d) frequently and honestly with the market and beta testers. No one seems to think they have or do or will. Where are we now since 2010? If a V2 fall release is imminent, where is the big advertising push from vendors? Where are the working models? Why isn’t Vertex going to MACNA? I’d rather Vertex just tell me we’re a long way off than repeatedly trying to convince everyone they are always on the verge of release. I wish Vertex success. As promised on paper, the V1 or V2 is a great product. Hope it turns out that way! For the near future I have other plans for my tank. Still hoping for a 3rd major player and choice next to the other big 2 - Apex and GHL.
Looks like there is one, ekoral several YouTube reviews on it so far everyone seems to like it

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahhh, the memories of the moment all of us got ripped off that bought.... haha

upload_2018-8-2_15-54-12.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back