What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, they have had enough time. However they know that for the most part they will not face legal action. Because it would cost more than what we paid for the units. So I believe we can hope until we pass out and we will never see a new product. No wonder they had a closed forum, that made it easy to railroad all of us. In my opinion our money is gone and we are left with a metal paper weight. They have scrapped the project, with the idea that all they have to do is post a new release date from time to time. With the idea that we will go away and in a few years all will be forgotten.
Did you sign up for the forum and or request an exchange form to get in line for a replacement? The pictures I've seen are really slick. And they are supposed to post another update tonight on the forum. https://forum.cerebra.club/

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not going to happen. And yes I did sign up. However nothing they have done gives me any reason to believe anything they say.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I feel really bad for those that purchased that controller. It is amazing to me how the company has been managing to hold dissatisfied customers for this long.
Actually it was the best thing to happen to me. I wouldn't have found my way to GHL.

I'm definitely not upset with the money aspect, just the time involved regarding the waiting and misinformation.

Well, now if they ever get this project up and running, (I hope they do and are successful), at least Ill have something to trade for corals.

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you sign up for the forum and or request an exchange form to get in line for a replacement? The pictures I've seen are really slick. And they are supposed to post another update tonight on the forum. https://forum.cerebra.club/

Seriously Tobe,

Have you seen the update. What are you going to do with all those bricks?

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke to the COO a couple days ago and the first batch of replacement units for Beta Testers that signed up for the exchange program is scheduled for the 1st week of February... Time will tell. I Own 24 units, so I REALLY hope this is true... (I'm selling my extras on Ebay and they will ship directly from Vertex). I just hope there is enough demand when they finally are released to unload these to even break even. I'm in for THOUSANDS of dollars at this point. I hope I backed the right horse...

Unfortunately, there have been many promises from 'reputable' sources at Vertex over the last couple of years, most of them have been some form of 'we're going to be shipping within a few weeks.' Everything is hearsay, though. I have seen no official statements, press releases or other communication directly from Vertex.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of comments that i saw about another company in another industry.
That company had/has an awesome product that about 20 years ago they brought prototypes to the market. They took deposits on future sales with the plan to bring it to market within a year and at a price of less then 2k.
A bunch of people signed up and paid deposits. That money was used for product refinement and production equipment. It was openly known this was the planned use of the money.
Well the product took almost 15 years to go into production and ship to those who put deposits. In that time frame the product became known as vaporware, rufunds were paid and the company was considered a fraud.
When the product finally was sold the original depositors got the product at the original price point. New purchases were over 4k. The product was a vast improvement over the original prototype though.
In the end the company had to change is commercial sales divisions name, and the products name to move past the stereotype associated with the original one.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I see a lot of comments that i saw about another company in another industry.
That company had/has an awesome product that about 20 years ago they brought prototypes to the market. They took deposits on future sales with the plan to bring it to market within a year and at a price of less then 2k.
A bunch of people signed up and paid deposits. That money was used for product refinement and production equipment. It was openly known this was the planned use of the money.
Well the product took almost 15 years to go into production and ship to those who put deposits. In that time frame the product became known as vaporware, rufunds were paid and the company was considered a fraud.
When the product finally was sold the original depositors got the product at the original price point. New purchases were over 4k. The product was a vast improvement over the original prototype though.
In the end the company had to change is commercial sales divisions name, and the products name to move past the stereotype associated with the original one.

and I guess it would be illegal to name things by name. What company? what industry?

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is what they plan to do. It’s not a unit replacement, it’s a part replacement. What happened to all the new redesign, new look etc. SMH.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And so no one kills themselves, their tanks, or burns their house down with Cerebra V1.
I don’t think the V1 was ever proven to be dangerous to humans. Definitely not stable enough for a tank, which explains the redesign.
But killing themselves out of exacerbation.? Maybe. Hahhahhahha!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think the V1 was ever proven to be dangerous to humans. Definitely not stable enough for a tank, which explains the redesign.
But killing themselves out of exacerbation.? Maybe. Hahhahhahha!

I know of 2 people that the powerbar caught fire. They fortunately were there to turn it off though.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of 2 people that the powerbar caught fire. They fortunately were there to turn it off though.
No way! Holy ****! I never heard anything about that.
My V1 has been running without issue since I bought it from BRS. Yikes!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way! Holy ****! I never heard anything about that.
My V1 has been running without issue since I bought it from BRS. Yikes!

Yeah man. One of them was pretty involved with the whole process. He let Vertex know, but otherwise kept it to himself.

Anyways. That's all behind everyone, thankfully! I'm so glad to see some real progress being made! Hopefully the long wait (which was really pretty short considering the scope of the project) will be worth it!

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same - mine was running my tank, dosers, lighting, ATO and all right up until I upgraded tanks and went with an ApexEL because they told us not to use the v1 anymore. The only issue I had was if I used the power bars to run my return pump, turning larger ac pumps off/on would make the bar lose connection to the head unit.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back