What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not trying to sell you so I guess that's good. You seem happy with them. You asked for some posts so I gave three. You can find many more on your own with that nifty search box if you're trying to sell yourself on it. I am simply saying I wouldn't use Neptunes product based on reviews I've seen. I seen lots more negatives than these and haven't seen one for GHL. That's why i read reviews, to filter out the messes.
My guess is because far less people use the GHL.

OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Or it's a very well built system.
You're both right DHL is a very well-built system but here in the states there are way way way more Apex users. Overseas of course it's a different story. Also most of the negative reviews that you see about the Apex are with regards to the new 2016 Apex when it very first come out nearly all those negative reviews stop after the first couple months just like any new product they had some bugs to work out. And you when you consider the human nature to post negative reviews but not positive reviews that's also indicative of things. My own example I'm intending to go post a negative review of the Seneye Reef because of a bad experience I had with them and their technical support but I've had nothing but good experiences with the Apex and it never occurred to me until just now that I should probably go give the Apex a positive review. Lol

chefjpaul

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'd bet Apex controllers outnumber GHL in the U.S. 100 to 1. Looking at the subforums for each and you'll see the activity which is usually a good indicator.
Never doubt that at all. Never said anything negative regarding apex either, nor vertex.... yes owned all 3.

This is a vertex thread getting derailed over controller pride.

OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
I'd bet Apex controllers outnumber GHL in the U.S. 100 to 1. Looking at the subforums for each and you'll see the activity which is usually a good indicator.
I would say you're being way too conservative, that might be close to the ratio if you're talkin about the new Apex but when you add in all the Apex Classics out there and the golds even Aqua controllers, etc. I'd say that numbers probably 500 to 1 or even double that. Just do an eBay search under completed listings and there's pages of Apex controller sold and not one single ghl controller.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
I would say you're being way too conservative, that might be close to the ratio if you're talkin about the new Apex but when you add in all the Apex Classics out there and the golds even Aqua controllers, etc. I'd say that numbers probably 500 to 1 or even double that. Just do an eBay search under completed listings and there's pages of Apex controller sold and not one single ghl controller.
Yes I was being very conservative. I was just giving a reason why someone claimed that they see no negative feedback about GHL's controller. I don't see any about the reef angel or reef keeper either. :)

chefjpaul

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well we've got to talk about something while we wait for the imminent release date of the vertex cerebra in 2022. :)
Hahaha... that's why I went full GHL.

Ive had reefkeeper, apex, cerebra, (maybe one day again......maybe),

I'll never go away from GHL if they keep putting out products, innovation and services like they are now. Super Rock solid equipment.
I do like apex very much, but GHL did surpass them on quality, stability for me.

OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Hahaha... that's why I went full GHL.

Ive had reefkeeper, apex, cerebra, (maybe one day again......maybe),

I'll never go away from GHL if they keep putting out products, innovation and services like they are now. Super Rock solid equipment.
I do like apex very much, but GHL did surpass them on quality, stability for me.
Yeah from everything I hear ghl is rock-solid stable, if not the most user-friendly platform. Apex I kind of considered to be the middle ground fairly user-friendly now that they've added tasks and some other things and pretty stable especially if you add in redundancies. The E Coral cuz I guess is the Macintosh of controllers easy-to-use but limited in functionality comparatively. Which is the niche that the cerebra was originally supposed to be in. Now we just got to learn Chinese so we can explain to the people that make inkbird temperature controller how to make a simple tank controller for around a hundred and fifty bucks and we'd have all the spaces filled. :)

chefjpaul

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah from everything I hear ghl is rock-solid stable, if not the most user-friendly platform. Apex I kind of considered to be the middle ground fairly user-friendly now that they've added tasks and some other things and pretty stable especially if you add in redundancies. The E Coral cuz I guess is the Macintosh of controllers easy-to-use but limited in functionality comparatively. Which is the niche that the cerebra was originally supposed to be in. Now we just got to learn Chinese so we can explain to the people that make inkbird temperature controller how to make a simple tank controller for around a hundred and fifty bucks and we'd have all the spaces filled. :)
True.
Although the ghl platform is there. I do everything now from my phone, they are missing a few things, but they listen and deliver.

I do think the cerebra v??? Will be a very well built product, but it got to much and too long. When, if, we ever get the new controller..... have too many tanks to rely upon. But never know, could be game changing....or anther V1.

Great idea ink bird.... definitely drop prices across the board!

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone heard from @FirstContact ?
I know we’ve been a little snarky online but I’m actually kind of worried about the guy.
I nearly flew into that tornado returning to Dayton the other night and it kinda puts everything in perspective.
PS I have a call scheduled with Jason later this evening and if it’s anything new I can share I will.

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
I know we’ve been a little snarky online but I’m actually kind of worried about the guy.
I nearly flew into that tornado returning to Dayton the other night and it kinda puts everything in perspective.
PS I have a call scheduled with Jason later this evening and if it’s anything new I can share I will.
Please do let us know anything you can, it will be more than we're getting from the cerebra forum!

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Did you learn anything?

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Did you learn anything?
Couldn’t get a firm date but I trust it’s sooner than most think.
I was assured that the first 80 have been ready to go for a while but they are finishing some updates to the website that they want to coincide with us (those in the first batch) receiving our units.
That’s all I got...

Will you watch revhtree on the LIVE #askBRStv show?

• Yes I'll tune in live at 1:30pm est!

Votes: 102 34.3%
  • No I'll have to catch the rerun!

Votes: 162 54.5%
  • Neither, I choose to make revhtree sad...

Votes: 33 11.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
AquaLocker.com