What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by Cyricdark, May 12, 2017.

1. chefjpaul

chefjpaul Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

I'll be putting it against my GHL system to see.

Tobe71 and Smarkow like this.

2. Tobe71

Tobe71 Active Member

Ha!
    No doubt. I’m often referred to as an eternal optimist, but even my sunny disposition is about maxed...
    I’d love for some Kessil support as well. The Xepta Abex and Alkatronic have been hinted at as integrating with Cerebra.. THAT would be AWESOME and eliminate my mild attraction to the Trident.

3. Tobe71

Tobe71 Active Member

A heads up video comparison would be killer!

4. Cyricdark

Cyricdark Active Member

I would think it would have to integrate with alkatronic it integrates with anything that has a BNC pH probe port

rushbattle and Tobe71 like this.
  5. DarkSky

DarkSky Well-Known Member

Looks like the cerebra forum URL expired - uh?

6. Tobe71

Tobe71 Active Member

Nope. I was just on the forum

7. BZOFIQ

BZOFIQ Well-Known Member

forum is for current owners only?

Tobe71 likes this.
  8. shred5

shred5 Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I believe so.

Tobe71 likes this.
  9. Tobe71

Tobe71 Active Member

Correct.

10. Silver14SS

Silver14SS Active Member Build Thread Contributor

Other than this thread and a private forum, is there anywhere else to find V7 information/specs/pics?

Tobe71 likes this.
  11. Tobe71

Tobe71 Active Member

Silver14SS likes this.
  12. Sleepydoc

Sleepydoc Well-Known Member

Yet another reason I consider you guys one of the best around. I'm sure you have had your share of grief over this debacle as well.

One comment I would make, though: When they first announced V1 and released the promotional videos, there were a lot of questions about the product which they had explanations for but for which their explanations didn't make sense. (e.g. they said they used a resistive touch screen rather than a capacitive one because resistive screens handle water better, yet we all know capacitive touch screens handle water just fine.) These discrepancies were one of the first flags to me that something was up, but BRS seemed to just parrot these talking points in the 52 weeks of reefing video, rather than more critically evaluating them. That was one of the few times I've been disappointed in a BRS video. Unfortunately, the questions ended up being legitimate.

13. Sleepydoc

Sleepydoc Well-Known Member

Wow - I just skimmed through the last few weeks of posts and am overwhelmed by the negative sniping going on.

If you look at my history, you'll see I'm certainly not a Vertex cheerleader, but I also try to be fair in my criticisms. What I see here is just constant ******** and bickering. People have every right to be upset, feel betrayed and have lost all trust and faith in Vertex. To be honest, after watching how poorly they handled the Cerebra, I'll likely never buy any Vertex products. And yes, Vertex is 99% responsible for creating this monster.

Still, making 50 posts complaining about the exact same thing doesn't really contribute to the forum or the community.

@FirstContact - in all honesty, I have to question your motives; after badgering @Tobe71, you back out of selling for dubious reasons.

@Tobe71 - your story seems a bit suspect as well; even for someone who has faith in the company.

Regardless of how poorly Vertex has handled things, how honest or dishonest they've been, the current V1 owners have little choice but to wait. Either a new controller will come out or it won't. At this point, if you're sitting on a V1, the best course of action is to consider it a loss, get over it, and if/when V2 comes out consider it a happy surprise.

bkelley02 and Tobe71 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted