What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good class action lawsuit TBH. Sorry ya’ll got scammed so bad...

I wonder if vendors will continue to carry their other products if the controller is never released.

Class action would be interesting, I have no idea the # of impacted people or $ of sales. Small claims varies by state, maybe that's an option for individuals too. Credit card companies may be able to assist as well.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if vendors will continue to carry their other products if the controller is never released.

Class action would be interesting, I have no idea the # of impacted people or $ of sales. Small claims varies by state, maybe that's an option for individuals too. Credit card companies may be able to assist as well.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see if larger retails like @Bulk Reef Supply continue to carry their products, after they clearly scammed hundreds and hundreds of hobbyists. BRS is one of the few entities that could actually apply some pressure to the company and help refund hobbiests. Otherwise, the consumer is powerless.

(I’m not saying BRS was the perpetrator whatsoever; they are just as much of a victim as the rest of Cereba owners. It unfortunately just reflects poorly on them since they were a retailer of this)

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few users have started receiving their initial beta units now; I'm on the initial list of 10 beta users and haven't heard a peep yet.

Waiting to hear any more news.

@Tobe71 know anything more?

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can they share any pics or detail or are they under a NDA?

I haven't been contacted about an NDA, so I'm not sure. All they've said is that they've received them and haven't set them up yet. Others who have received a unit prior were under NDA.

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, another year gone by, and no one has a clue. Vertex apparently has no staff; someone drew comparisons between a new company PoseidenFlow and their products at MACNA and Vertex products; and no communication most likely means...more of the same. It’s great on paper and it’s great if they’re eventually successful, but no one is holding their breath in expectation of anything positive. A test unit was given to a moderator. The few people supposed to be testing haven’t received anything and the most trusted and major contributor has one of the new bricks, but I believe no operating software. So it goes...People are upset that they destroyed their V1s at Vertex’s instruction to receive a V7 and have nothing to show for it contrary to what was promised. Lie, steal, cheat, over promise and under deliver. Maybe successful one day. I guess you have to go with the goal or end justifies the means and reputation means nothing.
Well said and so true!

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been contacted about an NDA, so I'm not sure. All they've said is that they've received them and haven't set them up yet. Others who have received a unit prior were under NDA.
Who has received a new Cerebra. Greg surely doesn’t count as that’s just going to be Jason’s buddy sticking up for him. Whom among the 10 received a new Cerebra.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few others in the beta forums have been sharing unboxing photos. It looks like they're finally making their way out into people's hands - I was slated to receive one of the initial 10 units, so if I'm allowed and I receive one I'll update here.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t forget to check out all the options - GHL, Coralvue Hydros, eKoral, whatever else is out there :)
To be frank, only going with apex, because of fusion. It makes it easy for a dummy like me. GHL would also be an option, but more complicated. Don't have the time to learn. I have a week trip coming up soon, so I want to leave my system with a little assurance.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm going to have to cave and get an apex, can't wait any longer.
Even if it were released today you should wait - whatever they release will be a beta product. Beyond that, given their history, I would never advise anyone to buy one until they've been out, bug free and demonstrating good support for at least a year.

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was anti apex for a long time and anti Terrance for a long time. I went all in on the archon and then got the cerebra too. Both are dead...I now have an apex and an apex classic on my tanks and am glad I did. Sure I've ran into some issues, but the thing is they've been around for so long and there are so many of them out there, the support community is huge and it's always fairly easy to get answer. Just get an apex.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 132 59.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.5%
Back