What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
At least most people, not all, will be able to get CC refunds - vertex folk are totally out of luck it seems.
AND. . . . . They darn well know this, hence NO communication ! I still think a class action lawsuit for a full refund is in order !!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How is Vertex any different? Wasn’t it like 3 years ago they said they would send a replacement. Empty promises mean nothing!
At LEAST 3 years !!

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey All!

We have been getting feedback from Vertex as they prep for the Cerebra launch! Long story short, they pushed the beta version out and learned A LOT from the feedback. They've been taking that feedback and fine tuning the final product for, what should be, an awesome controller option!

Stay tuned! ;)

-Randy

I've stayed tuned but not much has happened. This is beginning to look rather silly.

This thread was started 2.5 years ago...yawn.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@devlzluv
Is there anything these people can do to remedy this situation??
Seems they're being taken and deserve their money back after 2-3 years of empty promises.
Thank you for your time devlzluv
we seriously need to take out a class action suit. Many attorneys will do it on Contingency. Another new year coming in with THREE false promises in 2019.
Why don't they just own up and return everyone's money ?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only people who gain from lawsuits are lawyers which makes me suspicious of anyone suggesting this action. If you choose to buy an innovative uproven product you support the thing that built the modern world. If you cant accept the risk involved or look only to your own personal gain (lawyers) get out of the way. Vertex is not dead yet. There lack of comunication on the ceribra forum is infuriating. But still i think giving them time to succeed is in the best interests of those of us who would like to swap our bricks for controllers some day.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only people who gain from lawsuits are lawyers which makes me suspicious of anyone suggesting this action. If you choose to buy an innovative uproven product you support the thing that built the modern world. If you cant accept the risk involved or look only to your own personal gain (lawyers) get out of the way. Vertex is not dead yet. There lack of comunication on the ceribra forum is infuriating. But still i think giving them time to succeed is in the best interests of those of us who would like to swap our bricks for controllers some day.

I think 2.5+ years without a working unit or real communication/refunds is enough time to pronounce something as dead. All that’s left is a post Mortem.

I also don’t find it “suspicious” for people who were scammed to desire some sort of closure or solution.

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 2.5+ years without a working unit or real communication/refunds is enough time to pronounce something as dead. All that’s left is a post Mortem.
You may be right. Im just an optimist who really hates lawsuits.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be right. Im just an optimist who really hates lawsuits.

Sure, agreed. I believe it’s even against R2R policy to make posts threatening/suggesting lawsuits etc. I just think at this point...... with no offense intended, there must be a difference between being optimistic and being in denial.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The only people who gain from lawsuits are lawyers which makes me suspicious of anyone suggesting this action. If you choose to buy an innovative uproven product you support the thing that built the modern world. If you cant accept the risk involved or look only to your own personal gain (lawyers) get the f out of the way. Vertex is not dead yet. There lack of comunication on the ceribra forum is infuriating. But still i think giving them time to succeed is in the best interests of those of us who would like to swap our bricks for controllers some day.
Personal Gain??. $600 spent with assurance that not only would we receive finished product but also received paperwork a year ago to receive new units that were ready to ship that no one has received although claims were made 2 batches were sent out with no receipt - THATS SUSPICIOUS !!
Vertex is not dead ? They cant even show up to any trade shows due to their now tarnished reputation, no new product and no communication is an evident mark as to where they are headed.
You say some day. . . ha ha. - Good one. Unless you are a victim of this program and are fully aware of what has transpired since the inception and using the .. in your sentence- You may want to read the rules of forum - FORBIDDEN

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Non taken. Not optimistic. Just an optimist. Were all frustrated with vertex and honestly on the forum im surprised the president of vertex isnt more vocal. There obviously having trouble. No need to make it worse With lawsuits.

jwilliams860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We could be witnessing the closures of what used to be an important company within the industry. Low inventory across the board at most major retailers and some things like the trusty vertex alpha not in stock is writing on the wall. The cerebra forum is down, those of us with beta units of the V7 were surprised tonight by the test group forum being completely deleted.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We could be witnessing the closures of what used to be an important company within the industry. Low inventory across the board at most major retailers and some things like the trusty vertex alpha not in stock is writing on the wall. The cerebra forum is down, those of us with beta units of the V7 were surprised tonight by the test group forum being completely deleted.
I knew it!! More silence, less presence at trade and industry shows. Ive seen them in self-destruction mode for several months now.

jwilliams860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea something is happening for sure. Their lack of new products or updated products didn't bode well. If they were dumping all their money into cerebra i just don't understand why they wouldn't finish at this point. It feels 90 percent done to me. They have all this hardware laying around waiting for software, it's so close to being done you'd think they would push so hard to get it out. If it flops close shop, or it could bring in some much needed revenue.

jwilliams860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There has been almost no industry excitement for this thing, hell we can't even post about how awesome it is because it does mostly nothing without functioning software. With nobody out there chomping at the bit for it to come out, and even if it does, the complete lack of support even for their existing products doesn't paint a good picture for something as complicated as a controller, so far it would appear there is zero infrastructure to keep this thing a float once it was released. I think they would have drowned and not been able to keep up with consumer demand on the troubleshooting side.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back