What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

ccasa004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to see it actually running something I think they have a lot more to go than they are leading on to.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a par meter/sensor in the 1st pic Greg posted? Third shelf down.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
call me a hater, but if you can't even manage to keep your potential customer base informed, how are you going to deal with the flood of questions and problems that are part of a new release??

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a specific launch date, although I know they're communicating with current owners via their forum pretty regularly and I believe they will be getting the updated units first.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully the beta purchasers will have the V2 cerebra within the next month. I know they are assembling them currently and that is the plan. They are also supposed to be doing a complete update of their webpage soon, however I'm less sure of a timeline on that? Hopefully we get some real world updates from the original beta purchasers on V2 here in the next month or so! I'm sure once that has been completed and all those units exchanged, Vertex will be moving quickly as possible to get V2 back into the retail market. Maybe Q1 2018? We shall see, but the V2 looks promising!

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cerebra looked promising too. Unfortunately it isn't. I have a cerebra and I don't think Vertex is doing a good job at communicating with us. They wait for a trade show to reveal the new unit before they show us. Sometime in October we are supposed to have the new units and we don't. We have no clue when we will either. Vertex has made claims of things being done by certain dates and not one was met.
5 days ago we were informed they were going to send a unit to their top beta person Adam to test. After he is done and gives feedback they will start programming units if they don't have to change things. We have no clue how long Adam will test the unit either. Everyone has to ship back their old controller to be eligible for the new one. No details yet on when this is supposed to happen.
I think we were told last January about getting units in May, then another deadline and another and still who knows.

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the version one and it’s a total dud the thing is terrible- I wish I can get my money back or a huge discount
You are not the only one that wants their money back. Vertex is coming out with a new salinity probe. Let's hope they deliver this time and soon and this journey with them will hopefully pan out!

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully the beta purchasers will have the V2 cerebra within the next month. I know they are assembling them currently and that is the plan. They are also supposed to be doing a complete update of their webpage soon, however I'm less sure of a timeline on that? Hopefully we get some real world updates from the original beta purchasers on V2 here in the next month or so! I'm sure once that has been completed and all those units exchanged, Vertex will be moving quickly as possible to get V2 back into the retail market. Maybe Q1 2018? We shall see, but the V2 looks promising![/QUO
I don't have a specific launch date, although I know they're communicating with current owners via their forum pretty regularly and I believe they will be getting the updated units first.

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The communication on the club forum is awful. Vertex ignores questions. We get strung along saying they are just waiting on parts. We are finally told they have all of the parts and they are on schedule for us to receive the new controller. When they missed the release date we are informed they don't have all the parts. Then we are told they do have a few units assembled and they will go to their top testers like Adam first. We are told the good news they are on their way but a month later Adam says he is still waiting.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling they're missing some parts still or ran into some bug/issue that they can't figure out yet, which is why they missed their date and won't give us a new target. Looks like the estimates of 2018 proved to be correct.

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling they're missing some parts still or ran into some bug/issue that they can't figure out yet, which is why they missed their date and won't give us a new target. Looks like the estimates of 2018 proved to be correct.
I think they discovered issues. I don't think they even ordered all the parts until they fix things. They had stated they got them all but a month later they say they are waiting on parts. They have stated top testers line me Adam will receive units first and that the good news is they are on their way. Month later Adam informs us he is still waiting on his new Cerebra.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben at Vertex is supposedly in charge of the forum now and the communication has been abysmal. I think eventually the units will be finished and shipped and we will have a top notch product. In the mean time, I'm afraid that the PR damage being done to the brand with the way things have been communicated (or not) to the beta testers will be insurmountable. I'm trying to get contact info for the owners now. If I owned that business, I'd want to see what was happening to my reputation in the reefing community.

Ehunforfun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i actually just got out from under my cerebra (Thanks @toby71, hoping you have it as I was banned from the forum almost immediately!) Based on the last year+ of the vertex experience I wouldn't touch this controller with a 10 foot pole.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back