What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the BRStv "52 weeks of reefing" when you went over the tank controllers, the one that impressed me the most was the Vertex Cerebra, I'm getting ready to set up a 300 gallon (soon as I quit changing my mind as to where I want it lol) and was thinking about getting that controller instead of using the older Apex that I have on the shelf but it's no longer available , the website has very little information on it, and all the forum and website news I can find is older from the beta test. Any idea what happened to this controller and when or even if it will ever be released?

Elysium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the BRStv "52 weeks of reefing" when you went over the tank controllers, the one that impressed me the most was the Vertex Cerebra, I'm getting ready to set up a 300 gallon (soon as I quit changing my mind as to where I want it lol) and was thinking about getting that controller instead of using the older Apex that I have on the shelf but it's no longer available , the website has very little information on it, and all the forum and website news I can find is older from the beta test. Any idea what happened to this controller and when or even if it will ever be released?

I have a Cerebra and love it even if I was one of the Beta testers. They've stopped selling version 1, as the redesigned V2 is due anytime now. :)

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Beta is over. The new unit is supposed to be released this month and should hit our shores hopefully next month. the first units will go out to the beta testers then they should be for sale at the usual places.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

We have been getting feedback from Vertex as they prep for the Cerebra launch! Long story short, they pushed the beta version out and learned A LOT from the feedback. They've been taking that feedback and fine tuning the final product for, what should be, an awesome controller option!

Stay tuned! ;)

-Randy

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

We have been getting feedback from Vertex as they prep for the Cerebra launch! Long story short, they pushed the beta version out and learned A LOT from the feedback. They've been taking that feedback and fine tuning the final product for, what should be, an awesome controller option!

Stay tuned! ;)

-Randy
what kind of time frame are we looking at? I'm working on a new build here. I am interested in this or that eKoral from Reefapalooza

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of time frame are we looking at? I'm working on a new build here. I am interested in this or that eKoral from Reefapalooza

They said this month, but we haven't seen pictures of the final unit yet and now the beta forums are completely offline...

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an apex, archon, and a cerebra. Go with the apex.
Not with their current reputation, I wouldn't dare. Ty though. GHL is looking pretty good at the moment but I want to see what these new controllers will be like before making my final choice. eKoral looks high quality and not over the top. Like a modern reefkeeper lite

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not with their current reputation, I wouldn't dare. Ty though. GHL is looking pretty good at the moment but I want to see what these new controllers will be like before making my final choice. eKoral looks high quality and not over the top. Like a modern reefkeeper lite
What's wrong with Neptune's reputation?

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read more posts about people switching form them for being buggy then not. And those people tend to go to GHL, which is why I am leaning toward them. Plenty of possts here on R2R. I read a couple of scorching reviews last night on here actually. Either way they seem over priced as well. I don't mind paying but if there's a more reliable option for less I will shop smarter.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey when were those reviews?

I would do ghl now instead of an apex but that's only cause of the doser.

My apex has ran flawlessly tho

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not sure I'm sold. The first two links have the same one person complaining about it, the third has one person's opinion about it and why they chose ghl over apex, with no actual facts to back that up.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I'm sold. The first two links have the same one person complaining about it, the third has one person's opinion about it and why they chose ghl over apex, with no actual facts to back that up.
I'm not trying to sell you so I guess that's good. You seem happy with them. You asked for some posts so I gave three. You can find many more on your own with that nifty search box if you're trying to sell yourself on it. I am simply saying I wouldn't use Neptunes product based on reviews I've seen. I seen lots more negatives than these and haven't seen one for GHL. That's why i read reviews, to filter out the messes.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not trying to sell you so I guess that's good. You seem happy with them. You asked for some posts so I gave three. You can find many more on your own with that nifty search box if you're trying to sell yourself on it. I am simply saying I wouldn't use Neptunes product based on reviews I've seen. I seen lots more negatives than these and haven't seen one for GHL. That's why i read reviews, to filter out the messes.
Yea but at the same time the new ghl isn't really out. And I'm neither for nor against apex in fact I think as of late apex advertising has been really snobby lately they have a better then all the rest type mentality. So ur comparing like five people in the us who have the ghl to the thousands who have an apex so yea.

And as I said before if I could do it all over again I think I would do ghl. But my apex does it's job so I'm happy in that sense.

OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is all kinda off topic of the point of my thread, which is simply "where is the vertex controller?" , That being said my interest in the vertex is primarily centered around the ease of use and the Apex not having the greatest customer support. And once the vertex comes out I will hold off until I see how their customer support is. I am glad for the info on the ghl I didn't even know they existed must have missed the posts on them somewhere.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back