What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know how I stumbled into this thread, but pretty funny, there are still people that think vertex is going to release a new product.

It's definitely coming. It's just a matter of when and how stable it will be this time around. And how many will be willing to buy one after all of this...
I'm betting it will be a success. I have acquired 24 of them as beta testers bailed. Hopefully, I'll at least make my money back.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know how I stumbled into this thread, but pretty funny, there are still people that think vertex is going to release a new product.
In all fairness to Vertex, if they are developing a completely new controller from scratch, 2 years is not an unreasonable time frame for such a project. (the 4-5 months that they originally promised went beyond fantasy.)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It’s not going to happen. And yes I did sign up. However nothing they have done gives me any reason to believe anything they say.
Liars is mildly putting it.
There needs to be a class action suit to confirm we are no longer as owners putting up with 2+ years of false promises. Time for a FULL REFUND

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Especially seeing those who are excited to recieve as promised for the 9th time By Dec 22nd 2018. Let’s see the next lie published by them

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
In all fairness to Vertex, if they are developing a completely new controller from scratch, 2 years is not an unreasonable time frame for such a project. (the 4-5 months that they originally promised went beyond fantasy.)

Fairness?? After 2+ years to the customers getting false promises after promises- in all fairness?

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are going to have to change the name... vertex is going to be FOREVER synonymous with broken gear and failure.

Dont believe me? Go to any reefing event and tell someone you are going to install a vertex controller and see what kind of looks you get.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
they are going to have to change the name... vertex is going to be FOREVER synonymous with broken gear and failure.

Dont believe me? Go to any reefing event and tell someone you are going to install a vertex controller and see what kind of looks you get.
LOL - good one on the looks

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm no math expert but let me see 3 - 1 yeah that's a pretty significant two years. I also am nobody's fanboy I have an apex I bought it on Black Friday and it's still sitting on the shelf in the Box but to compare the release of these two products is absolutely ridiculous one was handled as good as it could be and one was handled about as badly as it could be. And as far as my buddies in The Reef Club having tridents if you think I'm lying about that since you sound disbelieving and put it in quotes go to the St Louis Reef Club SLASH Forum on this board and you'll see two people talking about having one then apologizing that they can't say anything about it for the most part because of non-disclosure agreement. And you're right neither one has hit the Shelf yet but I will hands down 100% say that I am confident that the Neptune Trident will hit the shelves way before the vertex cerebra ever does and I'm basing that on the fact that Terrence hasn't lied to me repeatedly about any dates like vertex has.
Care to make a bet?

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Would you like to sell yours? PM me

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would never purchase one with so many proven options available. It would have to be a Ground Breaking System to overshadow the past failures.
From a biz side to gain market share, be wiser to market under a new LLC for this. All you old guys will be screwed....My LFS has a couple new ones he has been trying to sell at half price for years.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im telling everyone....we need to file a Class action lawsuit for full refund and even double damages for value not received. To have Everyone fill out replacement forms a year ago and still no product, and this NEW supposed upgraded technology is now old as a year + has gone by. If they are still testing it, its an obvious failure while we sit back in limbo and like a bunch of fools.

7d6191db9d425564704f34594a3fee65.jpg

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I doubt a class action suit would get very far. Since they sold the original units as beta units, vertex would simply argue that people knowingly bought them as such and therefore knowingly assumed the risks associated with a beta unit. IIRC, they did make statements that the hardware was final and they would make software upgrades, and they also did not clearly state that they were beta units at the very beginning, but shortly after that and before they shipped they did. I understand people’s frustration with it, but I think the legal case would be difficult. There’s nothing to stop you from filing an individual case in small claims court, however.

After they announced the cerebra but before they shipped and everyone was all abuzz, I remember pointing out I a post that these were beta units from a company new to the controller market. My point was poo-pooed by people, but unfortunately I was right.

I do find it interesting from a social perspective to see people’s responses. There is a small, die hard group of supporters that seems is still positive about the controller and the company, despite the history over the last 3+ years. Emotions aside, I don’t understand how one can reasonably take that positions, but we humans are emotional creatures. The post above about forming a new LLC is an interesting one. The problem with doing that is I’m not sure how they would swap out people’s original v1 units.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Unfortunately, I doubt a class action suit would get very far. Since they sold the original units as beta units, vertex would simply argue that people knowingly bought them as such and therefore knowingly assumed the risks associated with a beta unit. IIRC, they did make statements that the hardware was final and they would make software upgrades, and they also did not clearly state that they were beta units at the very beginning, but shortly after that and before they shipped they did. I understand people’s frustration with it, but I think the legal case would be difficult. There’s nothing to stop you from filing an individual case in small claims court, however.

After they announced the cerebra but before they shipped and everyone was all abuzz, I remember pointing out I a post that these were beta units from a company new to the controller market. My point was poo-pooed by people, but unfortunately I was right.

I do find it interesting from a social perspective to see people’s responses. There is a small, die hard group of supporters that seems is still positive about the controller and the company, despite the history over the last 3+ years. Emotions aside, I don’t understand how one can reasonably take that positions, but we humans are emotional creatures. The post above about forming a new LLC is an interesting one. The problem with doing that is I’m not sure how they would swap out people’s original v1 units.

True on your statement and they are Taking advantage of that

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I give up. I gave up a while ago. We’ve been down this path soooo many times before. I think Vertex might have to rebrand. I’d love the product to be successful; who wouldn’t. I’ve invested in GHL. Apex is great too. Had a classic. They say that some very successful people think only about their own well being and have no sense of others. It’s hard to make any kind of argument that Jason has given any kind of positive thought to the user base/forum community that bought into this.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back