What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instructions were given for the exchange process with hints of new news in the coming days.
Those that own beta units have to register for a replacement if they haven’t already and then send in their PCBs from the head units to exchange for the new V7 (a headunit, lcd screen, powerbar, temp probe and all necessary cables)
Extra power bars will be dealt with in the same way. Register, send in the PCB and get a replacement.
As for extra Multibars, that’s being determined now. Presumably that will be handled like the powerbars. There are no longer “multibars” as the BNC connectors, usb, hdmi ports, etc are all on the head unit now.
After the first batch of 80 are shipped the first week of May, the ship date for the second batch will be announced.
We have arrived! I’m stoked! And hope at least one of my units will be in the first batch of 80.
Reviews by BRS, Marine Depot and Reefbuilders are presumed to be in the next month or so.

YumaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the queue for the new Vertex controller ship. If it's half as good it promises to be then it will have been worth the wait.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm one of the 80. They haven't settled on a ship date yet, but when we receive ours I'll be sure to post a review.
Grats and good luck, I know it's been a long time and patient waiting. I hope all works great. I wanna see this work, competition creates better products for us consumers.

OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Anybody got one yet since the first week of May is gone? or even a tracking number to know that they at least shipped it?

OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to make a bet?
Well the Trident has been released as of 12 a.m. this morning depending on your time zone. I think it's sold out online pretty much everywhere already but you can still get it from some local fish stores but regardless it's been released. got your cerebra yet? Or even a tracking number where they've shipped it like they said they would?

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the Trident has been released as of 12 a.m. this morning depending on your time zone. I think it's sold out online pretty much everywhere already but you can still get it from some local fish stores but regardless it's been released. got your cerebra yet? Or even a tracking number where they've shipped it like they said they would?

Dang. You really shoulda taken that bet. Ha!

Sorry it’s kept you up at night waiting to Zing me. Congrats. ;)

In all non-snarkiness though, I’m glad the Trident is out and I’m glad the Cerebras are on the way (tracking has been emailed to some as of yesterday). Better technology helps us all. And it’s easy to play armchair quarterback. I wish them all the best of luck. I can’t imagine the stress the people in charge of these products have been under.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In all non-snarkiness though, I’m glad the Trident is out and I’m glad the Cerebras are on the way (tracking has been emailed to some as of yesterday). Better technology helps us all. And it’s easy to play armchair quarterback. I wish them all the best of luck. I can’t imagine the stress the people in charge of these products have been under.

Who's gotten their tracking info? I haven't received mine yet. Excited to get it and set it up!

OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know but I wasn't sure I could cover my end if I lost I've been running really low on Kins, widgets, cool points, and other forum currency lately.

OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, Terence releasing Trident just to beat Vertex Cerebra to market is hilarious ;Troll;Troll;Troll

Mega troll job :rolleyes:
Yeah but he was cutting it really close. If Trident testing would have went on for another two or three months before release the cerebra might possibly have made it out first... But probably not lol

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who's gotten their tracking info? I haven't received mine yet. Excited to get it and set it up!

I haven’t gotten mine either. I can’t remember if I saw it on the FB group or the forum.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back