What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd bet Apex controllers outnumber GHL in the U.S. 100 to 1. Looking at the subforums for each and you'll see the activity which is usually a good indicator.
I would say you're being way too conservative, that might be close to the ratio if you're talkin about the new Apex but when you add in all the Apex Classics out there and the golds even Aqua controllers, etc. I'd say that numbers probably 500 to 1 or even double that. Just do an eBay search under completed listings and there's pages of Apex controller sold and not one single ghl controller.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say you're being way too conservative, that might be close to the ratio if you're talkin about the new Apex but when you add in all the Apex Classics out there and the golds even Aqua controllers, etc. I'd say that numbers probably 500 to 1 or even double that. Just do an eBay search under completed listings and there's pages of Apex controller sold and not one single ghl controller.

Yes I was being very conservative. I was just giving a reason why someone claimed that they see no negative feedback about GHL's controller. I don't see any about the reef angel or reef keeper either. :)

OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never doubt that at all. Never said anything negative regarding apex either, nor vertex.... yes owned all 3.

This is a vertex thread getting derailed over controller pride.
Well we've got to talk about something while we wait for the imminent release date of the vertex cerebra in 2022. :)

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we've got to talk about something while we wait for the imminent release date of the vertex cerebra in 2022. :)
Hahaha... that's why I went full GHL.

Ive had reefkeeper, apex, cerebra, (maybe one day again......maybe),

I'll never go away from GHL if they keep putting out products, innovation and services like they are now. Super Rock solid equipment.
I do like apex very much, but GHL did surpass them on quality, stability for me.

OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha... that's why I went full GHL.

Ive had reefkeeper, apex, cerebra, (maybe one day again......maybe),

I'll never go away from GHL if they keep putting out products, innovation and services like they are now. Super Rock solid equipment.
I do like apex very much, but GHL did surpass them on quality, stability for me.
Yeah from everything I hear ghl is rock-solid stable, if not the most user-friendly platform. Apex I kind of considered to be the middle ground fairly user-friendly now that they've added tasks and some other things and pretty stable especially if you add in redundancies. The E Coral cuz I guess is the Macintosh of controllers easy-to-use but limited in functionality comparatively. Which is the niche that the cerebra was originally supposed to be in. Now we just got to learn Chinese so we can explain to the people that make inkbird temperature controller how to make a simple tank controller for around a hundred and fifty bucks and we'd have all the spaces filled. :)

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah from everything I hear ghl is rock-solid stable, if not the most user-friendly platform. Apex I kind of considered to be the middle ground fairly user-friendly now that they've added tasks and some other things and pretty stable especially if you add in redundancies. The E Coral cuz I guess is the Macintosh of controllers easy-to-use but limited in functionality comparatively. Which is the niche that the cerebra was originally supposed to be in. Now we just got to learn Chinese so we can explain to the people that make inkbird temperature controller how to make a simple tank controller for around a hundred and fifty bucks and we'd have all the spaces filled. :)
True.
Although the ghl platform is there. I do everything now from my phone, they are missing a few things, but they listen and deliver.

I do think the cerebra v??? Will be a very well built product, but it got to much and too long. When, if, we ever get the new controller..... have too many tanks to rely upon. But never know, could be game changing....or anther V1.

Great idea ink bird.... definitely drop prices across the board!

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone heard from @FirstContact ?
I know we’ve been a little snarky online but I’m actually kind of worried about the guy.
I nearly flew into that tornado returning to Dayton the other night and it kinda puts everything in perspective.
PS I have a call scheduled with Jason later this evening and if it’s anything new I can share I will.

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know we’ve been a little snarky online but I’m actually kind of worried about the guy.
I nearly flew into that tornado returning to Dayton the other night and it kinda puts everything in perspective.
PS I have a call scheduled with Jason later this evening and if it’s anything new I can share I will.
Please do let us know anything you can, it will be more than we're getting from the cerebra forum!

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you learn anything?

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you learn anything?
Couldn’t get a firm date but I trust it’s sooner than most think.
I was assured that the first 80 have been ready to go for a while but they are finishing some updates to the website that they want to coincide with us (those in the first batch) receiving our units.
That’s all I got...

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn’t get a firm date but I trust it’s sooner than most think.
I was assured that the first 80 have been ready to go for a while but they are finishing some updates to the website that they want to coincide with us (those in the first batch) receiving our units.
That’s all I got...
Why dont they just say that on the forum. Things would probably be alot smoother.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the forum is an afterthought and they decided long ago to not use it for communication.

Everything would be a lot smoother if they would have said that, yes. But it appears communication is still not one of their strong suits. :)

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the forum is an afterthought and they decided long ago to not use it for communication.

Everything would be a lot smoother if they would have said that, yes. But it appears communication is still not one of their strong suits. :)
I think they just hit a tipping point a while back where they were just getting drowned out by negativity so they more or less just pulled the plug on communication until they have something significant to announce. But I have a sneaking suspicion units will just start showing up at people houses. No downside to that. Announcing a ship date or even notifications about printing labels has just all bit them in the butt.
I have a theory of the latest hold up but I don’t want to speculate. I do know they have a new marketing team involved so I’m guessing they are influencing the actual roll out...

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they just hit a tipping point a while back where they were just getting drowned out by negativity so they more or less just pulled the plug on communication until they have something significant to announce. But I have a sneaking suspicion units will just start showing up at people houses. No downside to that. Announcing a ship date or even notifications about printing labels has just all bit them in the butt.
I have a theory of the latest hold up but I don’t want to speculate. I do know they have a new marketing team involved so I’m guessing they are influencing the actual roll out...
And, for what it’s worth, he offered to go ahead and send me mine yesterday but I just told him to wait and ship with the rest of the group. So that lends itself to them being ready but maybe waiting for a press push to lead? Just guessing here.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, you're most likely right. All we have is speculation unfortunately so it's hard to say what the deal is.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back