What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And, for what it’s worth, he offered to go ahead and send me mine yesterday but I just told him to wait and ship with the rest of the group. So that lends itself to them being ready but maybe waiting for a press push to lead? Just guessing here.

Yeah. Sounds more and more like they're rolling out with some marketing push.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here’s something really weird...

Decided to do a little digging and it seems that the majority of the most vocal critics’ ip addresses are within a 20 mile radius. I found that very curious.
I couldn’t imagine this could be the equivalent of writing bad reviews about competitors products. But who knows, nowadays? There is a lot of money at stake so I guess it shouldn’t come as a surprise if some of the negativity is manufactured.
Not to say there isn’t plenty of valid upset to go around. It just seemed very peculiar.
And for FC to go silent when i agreed to his terms (which would result in him being removed from the beta test forum) also seems curious...
I already had to remove a competitor that found his way into the beta testers FB group , so obviously there is at least some interest in what Vertex may be rolling out. And not just by consumers. Don’t want to point fingers but I’ve heard of some pretty unscrupulous measures employed by some companies to discourage consumers from going to their competition.
And didn’t Digital Aquatics suffer some questionable attacks via negative reviews not so long ago?
Seems like there may be some sketchy tactics afoot. Or maybe I just need some sleep.
In theory, it’s at least more interesting to think about than most of this thread. Ha!

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Sounds more and more like they're rolling out with some marketing push.
The crappy part is, I should’ve taken him up on his offer because I have two more trips coming up and depending on this deployment plan (and my luck) I’ll get mine the day I get BACK from the last trip. Ha!

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tobe if you had taken that offer you would have something as useful as What Jolly received. There wouldn’t be so much negativity on the Cerebra forum if Vertex would stop lying! When Vertex does post something it typically contradicts what they have already stated. You continue to defend Vertex. What about the constant lies!

Drakonis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tobe71 id realy love to know how you determined the 20 mile radius. You have openly admitted your not a tehnical minded person and im more than familiar with every post you have made in forum none of which suggest otherwise. I know for a fact im not within 20 miles of those of whom you speak and while i may be silently watching lately im most definately not on your side of the fence, frankly ive had it despite being the only VI user in the hoby that has a fully functional product no thanks to vertex who also btw has never spoken to me about diddle except adam himself back when i solved the VIs hardware issues (which was authorized by adam as a vertex employee and was told in writing my warranty would be honored after modifications).

I have offered to sign an NDA just like jolly and go to town on vetting this thing to which no one vertex replied. Yet you all personal comments aside are now a moderator, one of the most controversal members they could have made such a decision about and anyone who is honest can agree to good or bad.

You say your buyin ppl out well feel free mines yours for purchase price. FYI if you are willing to stick to your public statement unlike vertex i will be removing the modifications prior to shipment.

One last note, when i bought my VI way back i called BRS before theu were selling it and asked if they were going to. The rep who i spoke to told me point blank BRS did not feel it was market ready and my money would be a gamble. About a week later they listed it for sale and i bought one. No idea what changed in that picture make your own conclusions here.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tobe if you had taken that offer you would have something as useful as What Jolly received. There wouldn’t be so much negativity on the Cerebra forum if Vertex would stop lying! When Vertex does post something it typically contradicts what they have already stated. You continue to defend Vertex. What about the constant lies!
I defend them because I don’t think their intent is malicious nor an effort to defraud. I think they are being cautious to a fault (analysis paralysis) and understandably being extraordinarily careful as they try to be as close to perfection as possible as @Ryanbrs pointed out.
Also, as I’ve stated many times now, the reason I support them is that I want this to be what they’ve promised. A better option than what is currently available. And the only way that happens is if:

#1 They produce what they’ve promised

And

#2 Enough people support it and buy it. (So it can have ongoing support and development)

You keep beating the drum of how horrible they are. What is your agenda? I’ve repeatedly given full disclosure as to my philosophy around this whole thing as well as my putting skin in the game (yes, to hopefully get a return on my investment but to also put my money where my mouth is)

What exactly is your goal? It just seems odd to me that the vast majority are quietly waiting for what most of us hope is a successful controller while a select few continue the campaign to dissuade anyone from supporting Vertex.

Granted, and for the billionth time, we all are now painfully aware of how annoying repeatedly setting and missing deadlines is.

I’m in the camp that it’s at least as plausible that they have genuinely thought they were “that close” and then unforeseen issues arose. They’ve stated as much in the long post on the forum from Jason himself.

To me that seems much more likely than some Machiavellian plot to make it appear that a new product is being developed for nearly three years, including mocking up fake components for photos, etc so they can keep our money?

People have questioned my motives and I believe I’ve (over) explained them.

What are your motivations? Do you have an agenda?

Because continuing to beat that drum as simply a disgruntled individual seems a little played out.

Maybe I’m getting a little too conspiratorially minded after my discovery of IP info, but I wonder if any of the detractors are on a competitors payroll in one way or another.

Not saying that about you in particular, but just generally.

But I would like you to tell me your motivations and if you have an agenda in all this?

Thanks

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tobe71 id realy love to know how you determined the 20 mile radius. You have openly admitted your not a tehnical minded person and im more than familiar with every post you have made in forum none of which suggest otherwise. I know for a fact im not within 20 miles of those of whom you speak and while i may be silently watching lately im most definately not on your side of the fence, frankly ive had it despite being the only VI user in the hoby that has a fully functional product no thanks to vertex who also btw has never spoken to me about diddle except adam himself back when i solved the VIs hardware issues (which was authorized by adam as a vertex employee and was told in writing my warranty would be honored after modifications).

I have offered to sign an NDA just like jolly and go to town on vetting this thing to which no one vertex replied. Yet you all personal comments aside are now a moderator, one of the most controversal members they could have made such a decision about and anyone who is honest can agree to good or bad.

You say your buyin ppl out well feel free mines yours for purchase price. FYI if you are willing to stick to your public statement unlike vertex i will be removing the modifications prior to shipment.

One last note, when i bought my VI way back i called BRS before theu were selling it and asked if they were going to. The rep who i spoke to told me point blank BRS did not feel it was market ready and my money would be a gamble. About a week later they listed it for sale and i bought one. No idea what changed in that picture make your own conclusions here.

I’ll pm you on the forum and we can arrange the purchase. Keep an eye out and I can get you paid today.

I always took your upset to be homegrown (and legit), so you weren’t even considered.

My IP info came from a friend much more tech savvy than myself when I was telling him about this whole saga and he brought up the possibility of corporate sabotage/espionage.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tobe71 I have offered to sign an NDA just like jolly and go to town on vetting this thing to which no one vertex replied. Yet you all personal comments aside are now a moderator, one of the most controversal members they could have made such a decision about and anyone who is honest can agree to good or bad.

For the record I told them I preferred to NOT to be a moderator. But they asked again and I was swamped with other things and just replied “sure”.
I think their goal in that decision was to have someone that would be of the mindset that the forum be kept civil and constructive and not overly repetitive in any direction.

With your technical contribution, I can’t speak to why they wouldn’t have wanted you more involved. Maybe because of your harshly toned criticisms they didn’t feel they could trust it would be in their best interest to put you in that role? Just speculating.

And it’s unfortunate you’ve taken such a negative view of me personally. I’ve just tried to support a project I want to see succeed. Maybe I’m backing a losing horse, but I don’t think so.

And in combating all the vitriol and personal attacks on the forum, I’m sure there are times I could have handled it better.

Check your PMs on the forum. All the info you need is there to proceed with the sale.

Take care.

No hard feelings on this end.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think people should be surprised that Tobe is positive, he believes in it enough to have made what most people would consider a significant financial investment in the product. At this point, despite any other reasons, that alone is reason to be an avid advocate for now - people ideally will still want to buy these from him when they come out.

I sure don't think any competition needs to pay other people to make vertex look bad with this product though and I flat out am surprised they have any supporters left honestly.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think people should be surprised that Tobe is positive, he believes in it enough to have made what most people would consider a significant financial investment in the product. At this point, despite any other reasons, that alone is reason to be an avid advocate for now - people ideally will still want to buy these from him when they come out.

I sure don't think any competition needs to pay other people to make vertex look bad with this product though and I flat out am surprised they have any supporters left honestly.
My tech buddy just got my conspiracy wheels turning. Who knows?
Nice to think about anything else while the waiting continues...

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works for me..

We need to do it as a group message on the forum so they can transfer ownership as well. I’ll message soon. Just landed and I have 3 hours till my next flight. Trying to keep my Jason Fox haul warm.

Hi Tobe,

I thought my deal was with you and not with Vertex. I personally don't trust Vertex anymore or the cheer leading. If you want my unit and want to help, buy it as a gift. Lot's of members use PayPal as a gift, and I'm just not going to enter into any kind of contract with Vertex ever again after all the broken promises on the forum (if you can call it that). Since you involved Jason and Vertex, and for other obvious reasons in the forum, I'm also not entering into any kind of contract with you.

Remember, per the forum, whoever owns a V1 will get a V2. I am not comfortable sharing all my personal information.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tobe,

I thought my deal was with you and not with Vertex. I personally don't trust Vertex anymore or the cheer leading. If you want my unit and want to help, buy it as a gift. Lot's of members use PayPal as a gift, and I'm just not going to enter into any kind of contract with Vertex ever again after all the broken promises on the forum (if you can call it that). Since you involved Jason and Vertex, and for other obvious reasons in the forum, I'm also not entering into any kind of contract with you.

Remember, per the forum, whoever owns a V1 will get a V2. I am not comfortable sharing all my personal information.

I sent money as a gift once for a purchase and didn’t get what I’d ordered. I had no recourse through PayPal so I won’t be doing that again with anyone. No offense. And as I stated in my group message to you and Shelby, I was advocating you sending the boards to them to save it having it to be shipped twice or even you supplying a video destroying the board.
If you feel more comfortable shipping to me directly that’s fine. And also as I stated in the group message I’ll be glad to reimburse you for any goods and services PayPal fee but I won’t be taking that kind of risk without PayPal’s buyers protection.
It seems like you may not actual want to sell. And that’s fine but you certainly are making it more complicated than it needs to be. Message me and I’ll send you my phone number and we can save everyone from having to listen to any more of this.
Actually, I don’t understand why you insist on doing this on the boards instead of just messaging me directly unless you have a different agenda...

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tobe,

Seems pretty standard.... but message me if you want to button this up.

5DC97811-BCEE-4FE1-AACD-184562044382.png

7D121127-065D-474A-A55F-5CC8B772E441.jpeg

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, you are involving Vertex and asking for personal information. Since you talk to Jason all the time and broadcast what he’s told you for 3 years. I don’t feel comfortable giving you or Jason any of my personal information and I’m not entering into a contract with PayPal that either gives that information or ends up as something that will be backed out of and losing my money and the V1.

No hidden agenda. I have nothing to prove. Apparently, you and Jason do.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, you are involving Vertex and asking for personal information. Since you talk to Jason all the time and broadcast what he’s told you for 3 years. I don’t feel comfortable giving you or Jason any of my personal information and I’m not entering into a contract with PayPal that either gives that information or ends up as something that will be backed out of and losing my money and the V1.

I think Vertex is BS, but you realize asking for payment to be sent via friends and family is against the rules of this forum?

You could take the money and walk away. Which has happened before, hence why Reef2Reef only permits items (correctly) sold via goods and services.

Don’t feel like tagging a mod.... but they’ll let you know if necessary. :)

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You crack me up, man. I have nothing to prove, just defending myself against your attacks.

You’d have to involve Vertex no matter who you sold to as they’d need proof of the exchange of property/ownership so the buyer would receive your replacement...

They already have your personal info if you filled out your replacement claim. And it’s obvious to anyone watching this thing that you’ve purposely made public, that you have no intent to sell and simply want to continue to disparage me and Vertex. You literally had someone offering to give you more than you could ever possibly get out of used/expired probes, past shipping expenses in addition to the cerebra and power bar (that have some actual value).

Yet you find a way to hang on so you can continue your campaign...

Bluff called.

All the best.

PS Attack Vertex all you want. You’ve shown your cards.

But kindly leave me alone. Thanks.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't sell them, they keep them

Totally true ;)

Neptune just went out of the Europeen market when they started to sell their new 2016 version Eb8 without EU plugs and they will loose more end users over the years if they do not bring the EB8 to Europeen market.
We just need to make a search on Europeen forums about GHL and you will be surprised by the amount of GHL users.

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You crack me up, man. I have nothing to prove, just defending myself against your attacks.

You’d have to involve Vertex no matter who you sold to as they’d need proof of the exchange of property/ownership so the buyer would receive your replacement...

They already have your personal info if you filled out your replacement claim. And it’s obvious to anyone watching this thing that you’ve purposely made public, that you have no intent to sell and simply want to continue to disparage me and Vertex. You literally had someone offering to give you more than you could ever possibly get out of used/expired probes, past shipping expenses in addition to the cerebra and power bar (that have some actual value).

Yet you find a way to hang on so you can continue your campaign...

Bluff called.

All the best.

PS Attack Vertex all you want. You’ve shown your cards.

But kindly leave me alone. Thanks.
I’ll be sure to let everyone know if you ever send the money.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
still following / still interested

I too want this and any other new controller to succeed.

Back