What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same boat. I'm waiting till October, if we don't have anything in our hands, I will reluctantly get an apex.
I understand completely. I really hope Vertex comes through. The aloof attitude I’ve gotten from Apex and some of its advocates (Harry) is really off putting to me. Just reluctant to be in with that group.
And I’ve heard some stuff about them not being compliant with certain safety standards. I guess they sold units for 2 years prior to them being verified but somehow it is retroactively. There was a FB post about it. I’ll see if I can find it later.
Just something doesn’t inspire confidence in me. (Which is ironic considering what’s we’ve been through with Vertex)
Anyhow. Hopefully once this thing comes out it really is the game changer I hope it to be and they have the support and continue the general public relations and attitude I saw when Albert came on board.
From what I’ve heard from Jason, and pics and specs I promised not to share yet, it really sounds like it will make a huge splash.... eventually....

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fill a dumpster with promises and then light that on fire. There's your update.
Ouch that’s harsh - Deserved, but harsh!

I understand completely. I really hope Vertex comes through. The aloof attitude I’ve gotten from Apex and some of its advocates (Harry) is really off putting to me. Just reluctant to be in with that group.
And I’ve heard some stuff about them not being compliant with certain safety standards. I guess they sold units for 2 years prior to them being verified but somehow it is retroactively. There was a FB post about it. I’ll see if I can find it later.
Just something doesn’t inspire confidence in me. (Which is ironic considering what’s we’ve been through with Vertex)
Anyhow. Hopefully once this thing comes out it really is the game changer I hope it to be and they have the support and continue the general public relations and attitude I saw when Albert came on board.
From what I’ve heard from Jason, and pics and specs I promised not to share yet, it really sounds like it will make a huge splash.... eventually....

I think every controller will have a few over-zealous, obnoxious fanboys. I don’t know Harry, but you could generalize further and say you don’t want to be in with the group of reefers. There are plenty of non-obnoxious Apex users (and GHL users, and Reefkeeper users, etc,) just as there have been some very zealous Vertex supporters. If you decide to buy another brand, figure out what you like and fits your needs and go with it.

I briefly considered a Cerebra a few years ago, then looked at GHL and Apex and ended up getting an Apex. I’ve been very happy with my decision so far and definitely happy with my decision to avoid Vertex. The basic controller has a few quirks but is generally solid. There is a robust support community, too. I have a COR pump and have been impressed/happy with it. The ATK - not so much. I don’t have any other Neptune accessories like the DOS or the WAV to comment on them.

GHL is a very solid option, and there are some other newer options that I’m not familiar with that seem worth consideration, too. Bottom line - get something that you are comfortable with and fits your needs.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple days away
I’ll be looking for sure, but TBH, I’ve been without a controller for so long I don’t know how badly I even need one. Jason Fox doesn’t even use one.
What I’m more curious about is the Midstream and Xepta Abex. Looking forward to seeing those in action. And the alerts those send would be more uselful to me anyhow.
Vertex has a new point man, for lack of a better term, that is communicating to the beta testers and things are still moving forward. Time will tell when we get the first batch out to the “bug testers”. Hopefully soon. For now I’m sitting tight and even acquired yet another controller and Powerbar from a someone that wanted out. Going rate is $400 for a beta unit with an extra power bar. Like Warren Buffet says, “buy when there is blood in the streets”, right?
My understanding is that the retail price will be $799-$899 when the V7 is released and I assume powerbars will be around the previous price of $189. Seems like a good investment to me at this point. And it seems silly to sell at this point unless you have zero interest in the new units or have zero faith that they will come out.
With that being said, if anyone wants out, PM me...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am on the list and have heard nothing about 2nd batch release.
I wanted to contact them to find out whats going on with my replacement and don't even know how to reach them ???

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on the list and have heard nothing about 2nd batch release.
I wanted to contact them to find out whats going on with my replacement and don't even know how to reach them ???
You can email or call Vertex. I posted contact info on the beta forum a while back but you can google it as well. The new guy said he was confirming with Albert who was in the smaller test group before the larger release.
I’m expecting an update to the forum within the next week or so. You can also message him through the forum.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The email I get is a general box and not contact email

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple days away
Harold, I know nothing seems to give you more pleasure than busting on Vertex and Vertex customers but in all seriousness; as a businessman, you are ostracizing yourself from a potential revenue stream. Just like the devices you make for Apex items you could do the same for Vertex. You seem to make some nice stuff and I bet you could do the same for Vertex... just sayin.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harold, I know nothing seems to give you more pleasure than busting on Vertex and Vertex customers but in all seriousness; as a businessman, you are ostracizing yourself from a potential revenue stream. Just like the devices you make for Apex items you could do the same for Vertex. You seem to make some nice stuff and I bet you could do the same for Vertex... just sayin.

Not interested in working with company like that. Thanks though.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just ignore him then, nothing positive will come from a brand advocate in arguing publicly with an antagonist. Revenue stream requires a retail product, can a Vertex representative disclose any concrete information about the product to the public?

I think it’s great that you’re continuing to carry the torch for them Toby and I look forward to more competition in the market, but all we’ve heard is “soon.”

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex has done nothing but lie. The Cerebra is no where ready. It’s been close to being done for years. It was close to being done and was going to be shipped May 2018. It was also supposed to ship May 2019. At one point all that was needed was the housing. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. You really can’t believe anything from Vertex.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did anyone see this on FB yesterday?
Coralvue was posting this yesterday and saying more will be released today...

I wonder what it could be?
1567171983083.png

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1567171983083.png
The field is filling up

I was just thinking about cerebra wondering what has happend.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1567171983083.png

I saw Afishionado’s interview- it looks amazing! WiFi power bars for $35 is incredible! And they have a leak sensor ROPE, which is a simple concept TbH but genius

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some shots fired with that unveiling, that's for sure. Love the rope idea. I can now see why some things in this industry the past 6 or so months have gone the way they have.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We need a class action suit against vertex for their dragged out 2+ years continued lies and excuses and lack of communication with us beta testers and potential customers.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some shots fired with that unveiling, that's for sure. Love the rope idea. I can now see why some things in this industry the past 6 or so months have gone the way they have.

The rope idea is actually adapter from industry. You can get the same thing and plug it into your apex breakout box, etc. Once it gets wet it closes the circuit. Very smart!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back