What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone see this on FB yesterday?
Coralvue was posting this yesterday and saying more will be released today...

I wonder what it could be?
1567171983083.png
I’m at MACNA. I’ll check it out

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question I have is if these other companies can come out with a controller. Why can’t vertex fix there controller. They have years to do so. At this point refund the money or produce the product. I remember them saying no manual was needed. Now we know why, they knew the units were junk and they were not sure they would work as they should. I called them several times with issues. At first they tried to help then they started treating me like I didn’t know what I was doing. However it was the piece of junk that was the problem. I really feel that the first units sold sell were a money grab to fund the project. However now the money is probably gone and they are back at zero. Yes we have the right to complain, what they want is our silence, with the hope that we will quietly go away. Money doesn’t grow on trees, with that being said it’s as if we piled our money together and set it on fire. This whole thing has been handled very bad, and yes it’s past time for some sort of legal action.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The show is over now right? What did they have to say and demo?
They had a rep there and a demo . . . . Good Job vertex !!!! :

1567520081515.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They didn't go.

I looked at the vendor floor map and didn't see Vertex on it. I wasn't sure if maybe they had a presence outside of the vendor floor, but evidently not. I also just looked at the Reef-a-palooza site and don't see any indication that they're going to be there, either. It sure doesn't look good. Aside from the obvious, negative reasons for Vertex to skip both MACNA and Reef-a-palooza, does anyone have any plausible explanations?

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at the vendor floor map and didn't see Vertex on it. I wasn't sure if maybe they had a presence outside of the vendor floor, but evidently not. I also just looked at the Reef-a-palooza site and don't see any indication that they're going to be there, either. It sure doesn't look good. Aside from the obvious, negative reasons for Vertex to skip both MACNA and Reef-a-palooza, does anyone have any plausible explanations?

On the private bets forums, they said they had no one that they could spare to go. The guy in charge of the forums/pr for the Cerebra project, Albert, was hit with some very serious health problems and needed to take time away from work. The new guy who is stepping in wasn't probably familiar enough with it to be there.

Plus I'm not sure they had much of anything new product wise to show off. It seems all of their focus is on the Cerebra right now.

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, another year gone by, and no one has a clue. Vertex apparently has no staff; someone drew comparisons between a new company PoseidenFlow and their products at MACNA and Vertex products; and no communication most likely means...more of the same. It’s great on paper and it’s great if they’re eventually successful, but no one is holding their breath in expectation of anything positive. A test unit was given to a moderator. The few people supposed to be testing haven’t received anything and the most trusted and major contributor has one of the new bricks, but I believe no operating software. So it goes...People are upset that they destroyed their V1s at Vertex’s instruction to receive a V7 and have nothing to show for it contrary to what was promised. Maybe successful one day. I guess you have to go with the goal or end justifies the means and reputation means nothing.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back