What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex should give a refund. Instead of a refund, Vertex says they are going to replace the faulty Cerebra with a new version. Vertex has totally misled everyone that they figured out what they did wrong and a replacement model was near completion. Years have gone by. Anyone that has seen the tactics used by Vertex would be crazy to buy their products! I didn’t believe for a moment that the new Cerebra would be out last May. I didn’t send my parts back because I feel Vertex was just trying to mislead people to believe they have figured everything out. Well here we are in October and they still don’t have a fully functional controller. Besides a faulty product, Vertex has shown me how horrible their customer support is.

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex should give a refund. Instead of a refund, Vertex says they are going to replace the faulty Cerebra with a new version. Vertex has totally misled everyone that they figured out what they did wrong and a replacement model was near completion. Years have gone by. Anyone that has seen the tactics used by Vertex would be crazy to buy their products! I didn’t believe for a moment that the new Cerebra would be out last May. I didn’t send my parts back because I feel Vertex was just trying to mislead people to believe they have figured everything out. Well here we are in October and they still don’t have a fully functional controller. Besides a faulty product, Vertex has shown me how horrible their customer support is.

May’s announcement didn’t fool me either. Vertex - Jason, staff, and some moderators/forum members have lied so much that I don’t trust them at all to rip out my boards for a payment.

Interesting that the only players in the industry calling Vertex out are the consumers or end users who got fooled into purchasing a product that was not what it claimed to be and was clearly a grab for cash to fund attempts at a V7. You don’t read anything anywhere written by retailers, manufacturers, or the heads of forums that this is not the way business is done or that Vertex should be shunned or their products not carried. If and when this ever comes out in whatever condition, it doesn’t change all the lies, false and misleading advertising and videos, or everyone’s time, money, and opportunity cost that Jason has destroyed.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May’s announcement didn’t fool me either. Vertex - Jason, staff, and some moderators/forum members have lied so much that I don’t trust them at all to rip out my boards for a payment.

Interesting that the only players in the industry calling Vertex out are the consumers or end users who got fooled into purchasing a product that was not what it claimed to be and was clearly a grab for cash to fund attempts at a V7. You don’t read anything anywhere written by retailers, manufacturers, or the heads of forums that this is not the way business is done or that Vertex should be shunned or their products not carried. If and when this ever comes out in whatever condition, it doesn’t change all the lies, false and misleading advertising and videos, or everyone’s time, money, and opportunity cost that Jason has destroyed.
Maybe BRSTV could make an update video, talking about what happened and how they will avoid beta products like this in the future? It wasn’t their fault, but people trusted their site, and they did profit from it.

After all, they were the distributor and it reflects on them too- they fell for it, just like consumers. @Bulk Reef Supply

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe BRSTV could make an update video, talking about what happened and how they will avoid beta products like this in the future? It wasn’t their fault, but people trusted their site, and they did profit from it.

After all, they were the distributor and it reflects on them too- they fell for it, just like consumers. @Bulk Reef Supply
I'm a huge BRS fan, plus they're local for me, but I have to say that it really seems like they were drinking Vertex's Kool-aid and simply repeating their selling points when it was first released rather than doing any sort of critical evaluation.

Case in point - they used an old, resistive LCD display rather than a newer, more responsive capacitive display and made the claim that they did so because you could use it with wet hands. Except capacitive displays work just fine with wet hands, too. I remember there being other red flags as well that made me question the product but everyone seemed more than willing to overlook them.

At least BRS clearly stated it was a beta product, unlike other suppliers (and Vertex itself.)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed reef builders studio has one sitting on their bench. Looks the same as the old one

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed reef builders studio has one sitting on their bench. Looks the same as the old one

Oh god. If they try to advertise the new version..... while people are still 100% scammed.... I am going to judge so hard lol.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jake has a pile of reef gear from manufacturers to tryout. I dont think he has a single controller running in there.
He mentioned the thing and noted it look unchanged.
this seems appropriate.....
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jake has a pile of reef gear from manufacturers to tryout. I dont think he has a single controller running in there.
He mentioned the thing and noted it look unchanged.
this seems appropriate.....
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

It’s a head unit with a separate screen. I don’t know how anyone couldn’t see that difference that was familiar with the old one. Plus their are pics of the new one on the website.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tobe71 Good to see you out and about, I still hope all your hard work pays off.
I like an underdog better than anyone but you sure picked a doozy :p Best wishes

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harry knows all the details. I’ll let him fill everyone in
1571665496789.png

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Oh boy, I think R2R unsubscribed me from all the topics so I don't come back.

Any news?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh boy, I think R2R unsubscribed me from all the topics so I don't come back.

Any news?

If you have a yahoo or aol email then we have been having issues getting our email to you. We’re working on that.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tobe71 Good to see you out and about, I still hope all your hard work pays off.
I like an underdog better than anyone but you sure picked a doozy :p Best wishes
Thanks man. We are cruisin right along. Things are lookin spooky good. Can't wait to serve up a whole lotta crow. :)

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those rooting for the success of the long awaited Vertex Cerebra 7, things are looking better than ever.

I’ll be the first to admit, I readily ate up whatever we were given by employees in unenviable positions. I WANTED TO BELIEVE.

Looking back, and in contrast to the true detailed transparency we are getting now, I feel like an idiot. And I better understand how deep the frustration and anger still runs with so many.

For those that hung on, I really believe that it will have been worth the wait.
For any forum members that have given up checking the forum, I highly suggest checking in. We are getting direct answers in a timely fashion multiple times a day at all hours.
I think they finally have a marketing and consumer relations department that measures up to the incredibly capable controller that they’ve finally completed.

The first 80 head units and screens are ready to go and they are going through the final QC steps on the powerbars as I type this. And they are streamlining all the QC protocols to make the following batches get through much quicker without cutting corners.
I can’t tell you how good it feels to finally be this close to the light at the end of this long tunnel.
I think it makes a lot of sense why Apex has been so eager to shine a light on the Vertex missteps all along the way. They are worried. If they weren’t, why would they bother here and on any FB group I’ve posted on within minutes to a couple hours at most to chime in with how bad Vertex is?

And part of the reason I went with Vertex to begin with was the less than stellar customer service reviews and a general air of like it or lump it from Apex.
It just felt like they knew they had you by the balls, so why go the extra mile? And why not be more backward compatible, and why not come up with new ways to not need a new module for every little thing? They had a captive audience. Now it will start to get interesting.

I hope it can all stay above board and let science and ingenuity drive all manufactures to up their games!

The bashing and gossiping is just tiring. Reminds me of politicians that keep people fighting amongst themselves while they pick your pockets.

They haven’t had anyone raise the bar on them except GHL for a long time. This will ultimately be good for we hobbyists.

And Terrance, I hope you read this as it’s intended. Constructive criticism. I would like to see a hobby where all manufactures were more focused on how cool the other guys innovations were and try to one up them instead of bad mouthing their tech, their customer service or any other laundry list of things that distract from making a better product for the customers that are giving you their hard earned cash.

Here we go?

The next few weeks should be very interesting....

That Comment is almost 5 months old now. I really hope they deliver. At some point I have been expecting vertex to just say ‘Ok, we are abandoning the project. Original owners send us back the unit and receipts “. That way they could get away from this and still keep a lot of money since many have sold their units off and are not original owners.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man .... I had seriously considered the vertex cerebra back in 2015 (or thereabouts). As they say in sports, sometimes the best trades are the ones you don’t make. Testy exchanges just make the poster look petty and foolish.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back