What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Comment is almost 5 months old now. I really hope they deliver. At some point I have been expecting vertex to just say ‘Ok, we are abandoning the project. Original owners send us back the unit and receipts “. That way they could get away from this and still keep a lot of money since many have sold their units off and are not original owners.
They’ve had some delays since then, but it is marching forward. The plan remains the same. Anyone that owns a beta version will get a new V7 in exchange. That’s why I’m still buying old units. To me, it’s money in the bank. I’m part of a final bug testing group and it’s getting close to being ready for release. Finally.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
@Tobe71 The more the merrier, its the controllers I'm talking about.

Can't wait to see the final product.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I sent in my board over 6 months ago and have heard nothing. I don’t even have contact information. This program is going on 3 years and has become Dead Silent.
A little communication goes a long way in this industry.

Last edited by a moderator:

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
NO need to shut anything down, this a long thread with a lots of information. Unless we're going ReefCentral style and will start shutting down anything where disagreement over some basic things happens.

What's next? Threads shut down because we cant agree what a True Percula is?

Come on boys; neither one of you can let it go and keep on coming back with more fuel. Just chillax and give it time. We'll all see if and when it comes and what it has to offer.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Don't worry, nobody's going to shut this thread down. Mainly because no one cares what a vertrex chewbacca is. Maybe try facebook, ha.

@TheOne Not true, I care for any controller that comes to market. It will stir competition and bring innovation.

And no, no facebook for me.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Doubtful, given I have yet to see anyone with a finished product.

Tend to agree but I would imagine its coming within 6 months or so.

I looked at their site and there have been minor changes re controller features.

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tobe71 - Hi ToBe! I have tried to read this entire thread going all the way back to page one. got tired about page 27. Just wanted to say to everyone, I was one of the original buyers. ToBe was one of the most vocal of the group. He doesn't own part of the company and he's not in collusion but he is pretty vested in the amount of units that he has bought, :) so you gotta have faith at that point and hang in there. "It's not a loss until you sell" I really wanted it to work too. It was a cool design. I sold my unit to ToBe. There was no agenda, no issues. The transaction went perfectly. No one hijacked my info. I tried to hang in there but my tank was up and going and I needed something because I travel and I went GHL. I am happy with my decision but bear no ill will because of what happened. Life is too short. I've spent more on one piece of coral then I did on this unit. ToBe... I still have the powerbars and other pieces if you have use for them, I can ship them UPS ground to you. They are just taking up room and too pretty to throw away.
Jeff

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i enjoyed your build thread on the ceribra forum hope you system is doing well. Do you have a build thread on here? Id love to see the progress.
Hope all is well. joe B

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@joe berkman - Yep, click on the build thread contributor banner and it will take you to it. I have actually just resumed adding to it as I really got side tracked once it was up and going. It has taken me all most every bit of these two years to finally get some sort of inkling of what I am doing. If you remember, while my house was being built i was saving and buying equipment and storing it in the garage so I could buy the best that I could afford. Well, what I found is you can have the best of everything but if you have no clue what you are doing then it makes no difference. Maybe I'm stupid but this was a long learning curve for me and I have had marine tanks since I was 10. Acropora is just a whole other animal that will just test your limits, nerves and sanity. I finally have some sort of grip, maybe tenuous, but when I buy a new coral and acclimate it, it just doesn't die in two days. Corals that I have had for 2 years that didn't die, just hung on have started to grow. Check it out if you get a chance and I will keep adding to it. Sorry for the delay in finishing.
Jeff

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Back