What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nearly a week away from December. Going to see these for Christmas?
Have to agree with @joseserrano - I'm certainly not an insider but the most I've heard is rumors that they're getting ready to ship a handful of units to beta testers (or maybe have shipped?) Either way I haven't even seen reports of people with them in their hands. Realistically I would think 3 months at a minimum from the time the beta testers get them until the units ship. Realistically 6-12.

If you look at Neptune's hardware roll-outs for comparison, after they have sent units to their 'insiders' for beta testing, it has generally been several months from the time they do that until the time the hardware is released. From a manufacturer's perspective, part of the beta testing is making sure there are no hardware issues. You'd be insane to actually place an order with your supplier and commit to a final hardware design before doing the beta testing, so they need enough time with the units in the testers' hands and then enough time for the manufacturing to occur.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Don’t hold your breath.
My neighbor held his breath waiting

Patience.jpg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
christmas 2040
2040? Where did you get that ??
I looked up their website and they have a new supplier for boards and they have announced . . . . . . . .

1574438244454.png

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What is sad is that they have our $500, had us dismantle and send parts in and then NOT a word, if this isn't Fraud, don't know what it is classified as.
They are hiding, Lying, making False promises and ignoring their support system - The customer.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is sad is that they have our $500, had us dismantle and send parts in and then NOT a word, if this isn't Fraud, don't know what it is classified as.
They are hiding, Lying, making False promises and ignoring their support system - The customer.

All good points... BUT, have you seen all the cool animation on their website? Bro...sweet. :)

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
All good points... BUT, have you seen all the cool animation on their website? Bro...sweet. :)
I want to see the cool unit they promised us years ago OR my money Back

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently Mindstream has gone under. At least Vertex still appears to be solvent so there's some hope of a product shipping eventually. From the post, anyone who has money tied up in Mindstream is just plain out of luck. :(
How is Vertex any different? Wasn’t it like 3 years ago they said they would send a replacement. Empty promises mean nothing!

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is Vertex any different? Wasn’t it like 3 years ago they said they would send a replacement. Empty promises mean nothing!

At least most people, not all, will be able to get CC refunds - vertex folk are totally out of luck it seems.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least most people, not all, will be able to get CC refunds - vertex folk are totally out of luck it seems.
@devlzluv
Is there anything these people can do to remedy this situation??
Seems they're being taken and deserve their money back after 2-3 years of empty promises.
Thank you for your time devlzluv

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder, even if it was to launch now which I have not seen any signs of, what the return rate would be of the betas for new units. After 3 years I wonder how many have been tossed or forgotten about with people getting out of the hobby.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back