What exactly is this fish and what are these marks?

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I purchased this blonde naso tang and what I believe to be a Vlamingi tang. The naso tang has not eaten yet but the vlamingi is a voracious eater. Could you guys help me positively ID that fish, the guy I bought it from said it’s too early to tell what it is. Also can you guys help me identify any disease? Both fish were flashing at a point but after prazi they stopped, I’m thinking maybe those are scratches on its face from flashing. I’m also noticing a pinched stomach but not seeing any parasites when it poops. Some help would be much appreciated.

803A4A5E-39F0-481F-93CD-CB8CAC0F74C2.jpeg 9408137B-2610-4490-A7E6-0F2CCFFCEC4B.jpeg 1F909E04-A9B9-4744-828B-C527D8B2E2DF.jpeg 34AACAAC-B888-449C-929C-D3700477F695.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I purchased this blonde naso tang and what I believe to be a Vlamingi tang. The naso tang has not eaten yet but the vlamingi is a voracious eater. Could you guys help me positively ID that fish, the guy I bought it from said it’s too early to tell what it is. Also can you guys help me identify any disease? Both fish were flashing at a point but after prazi they stopped, I’m thinking maybe those are scratches on its face from flashing. I’m also noticing a pinched stomach but not seeing any parasites when it poops. Some help would be much appreciated.
Pics didn't work

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same thing, but do they develop blue spots as they mature? Or can it just stay this same Grey color?

Mine get's the dark coloration from time to time but its possble that could be a different tang. I'm not 100 percent, but looks like a vlamingi.

OP
OP
QuarantinedCorals

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine get's the dark coloration from time to time but its possble that could be a different tang. I'm not 100 percent, but looks like a vlamingi.
same with this one, sometimes its light grey sometimes its dark. I was also thinking that it may be a juvenile unicorn tang, not sure to be honest.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal do you have any idea what the white marks can be on the vlamingi tang?
Sorry no I'm not sure what that is - if they are on the left side only, then probably scratch marks. If they are on both sides, like a mirror image. then that implies something else like an odd presentation of HLLE.

Jay

OP
OP
QuarantinedCorals

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry no I'm not sure what that is - if they are on the left side only, then probably scratch marks. If they are on both sides, like a mirror image. then that implies something else like an odd presentation of HLLE.

Jay
Yes it’s only on one side, thanks for the reply! Very much appreciated

Back