EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have 2 fish -- BORRRRRing...
Actually, I really like inverts.

37 gallon FOWLR with 2 HOB -- 5 months running ... diatoms setting in but not too horrible (especially if I wasn't too lazy to vaccuum).

1 small black Darwin clownfish
1 bicolor blenny
1 chocolate chip starfish
1 pink urchin
Small invert CUC

The "fish":

clown_blenny1.jpeg

*don’t panic — spots that look like might be on the blenny is just crud on the glass in front.

The "grunge" (oh,,, yeah,,, and some wildlife):

urchin_starfish1.jpeg

Last edited:

Clowns-corals-cats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep mainly coral but my wife has a fowlr with a snowflake eal and a Picasso trigger in a 55 bit she plans on upgrading for the triggerfish. It's a cool predator tank nothing I'd ever want though

Come on guys. I want to see these FOWLR. Show these stick heads where the beauty really is!
Do you even know what a reef is?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread @Fichmiester ! I've been toying with the idea of a FOWLR for a long time. I'm thinking 150ish gallons. I'd really like to have a harlequin tusk, a puffer (probably a dogface) and a zebra eel. I'll also need some utilitarian fish: Bristle tooth tang, wrasse, etc... I've even planned out how to plumb it into my existing reef via a shared sump. I'd also really like to see what some of you all have running. Pics would be awesome.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To make sure that we are all on the same page, a "stick head" is a descriptive term in the saltwater and reefing hobby referring to someone who keeps Acropora corals and other similar SPS corals (aka "sticks").

Here is a ReefBuilder's article where the term is used:

Of course, with this thread being in the new FOWLR section we can stop talking about acros and return to nicely talking about fish! :)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have respect for fish keepers. It's emotionally devastating when I lose a fish. I have no emotional connections to corals. But, I can keep them easier than I can keep fish.

These fowlr would be pretty refreshing.

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 240 FOWLR with a Queen Angel, a French Angel, an Emperor Angel, an Asfur Angel, an Annularis Angel, a Purple Tang, a Hippo Tang, a Foxface, a Porc Puffer, a Coral Beauty, a Lemonpeel, and the world's meanest Tomato Clown.

Everyone does fine, with minimal fighting. Needless to say, I'm done stocking...

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 240 FOWLR with a Queen Angel, a French Angel, an Emperor Angel, an Asfur Angel, an Annularis Angel, a Purple Tang, a Hippo Tang, a Foxface, a Porc Puffer, a Coral Beauty, a Lemonpeel, and the world's meanest Tomato Clown.

Everyone does fine, with minimal fighting. Needless to say, I'm done stocking...
Can we see it?

Back