what fish are the most fun to watch?

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g saltwater tank. 2 ocellaris and 1 yellowtail currently. The ocellaris are so fun to watch, they swim so much and even interact with me when I come to the tank. They're full of personality.

What are some of your favorite fish to watch in your tank? Personality, swimming patterns, etc.

Videos included are worth extra points.

Trying to get ideas on how to further stock my tank.

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a green clown goby that I think is pretty cool how he hangs out in and around the coral, tucks in at night in the folds of a big cabbage leather like it’s a sleeping bag. Other would be my six line wrasse for just constantly patrolling all over
I loooooove the six line, but have read multiple places it can be very aggressive.

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies have a really cool, eel like swimming pattern.
Dwarf angels or smaller tangs (yellow, bristletooth) will fly around the tank.
Firefish and cardinals move with bursts of energy, or stay very still.
The yellow eyed kole tang is absolutely going in this tank, at some point.

AXBROWN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorites are wrasses, they are so curious and are fun to watch tool around the tank. I also enjoy any kind of sand sifting goby, watching them sift the sand is funny to me :)

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're small for your tank, but I'd throw in a sharknose goby (or neon goby) and a hector's goby (or rainford's goby). The former is a cleaner and perches a lot of the time, but the fun thing about them is when you approach the tank they will swim over to the glass to meet you, presumably because they think you're a huge fish that needs cleaning.

The latter are fairly inactive algae eaters, but they don't seem to run away or get spooked by things outside the tank, so I see mine just hovering around in front getting mouthfuls of algae or sand and doing its thing without any interruption from me being there.

In terms of raw activity, I've got a fairy wrasse that definitely takes that crown in my tank, and while he's always swimming around (a mix of trying to act dominant and annoy other fish and then cowering in a cave when something turns around on him), but now that he's moved to his terminal phase coloration and behavior, he does sort of dive bomb other fish and show off for most of the afternoon and early evening.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Theyre all fun to watch- the reason im in the Hobby

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own one, but Naoko wrasses have a super interesting swimming pattern. They like to hover in the top half of the tank while facing into the current, and occasionally swoop around the tank. They can be a bit aggressive as far as wrasses go, so keep that in mind.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My undulated Moray eel and my Tangs. To watch the Eel predate for his food is simply nature at it finest.
Ya I said my triggers but my Japanese Dragon Eel is right there with them when it's out cuz its hungry, aggressive, crazy, but so gentle and smooth as it swims over the corals without dislodging any.
20220502_131012.jpg

Oceanis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a reef tank I’d have to say I love my watchman goby Genevieve and her pistol shrimp Pierre. Every day they’re off on new adventures carving new paths through the rock work and sand.

In a Fish Only, I’d have to say my zebra moray Nixon. He’s almost 5 foot and eats silversides out of my hand. Other than the eel, maybe a spotted grouper. I’ve never had one, but my brother did and his would come up to the top of the tank, roll over, and let you tickle his belly. Unreal how much character he had

smolson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my wrasse are the most entertaining. They are never still.

I would also never have a tank without a blenny. They are just comical at times!

Mark Wold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g saltwater tank. 2 ocellaris and 1 yellowtail currently. The ocellaris are so fun to watch, they swim so much and even interact with me when I come to the tank. They're full of personality.

What are some of your favorite fish to watch in your tank? Personality, swimming patterns, etc.

Videos included are worth extra points.

Trying to get ideas on how to further stock my tank.
lol. Late evening here and I'm just seeing this post. Oddly enough, I shot a short video just today of my Goby without knowing this post was here. He has, by far, been a total blast to have in the tank. First he has his own cave space under the center rock structure in my tank. He moves so much gravel around it. Constantly taking gravel down in the hole and then later on, bring it back out. And he is somewhat protective of it too.

So mid-day, I put some flake food into the tank for a feeding. This always brings some snails up out of the gravel. One happened to come up and sit in the "threshold" of his cave. He wasn't haven't it! I've seen him do this many times. First time I tried catching a video!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back