what fish are the most fun to watch?

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My molly miller blenny has the most sass I've ever seen in a fish -- I've caught it yanking nori right out of the mouth of my blue tang! It will also sit on a fresh seaweed clip, clearly marking its territory, even though it's 1/10 the size of every other planktivore in the tank.

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are lots of interesting swimmers out there. I like my Royal gramma, it’ll happily float around upside down or sideways. It’s like they have a magnet inside them that orients their bellies towards rock

Djbrandriff150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own one, but Naoko wrasses have a super interesting swimming pattern. They like to hover in the top half of the tank while facing into the current, and occasionally swoop around the tank. They can be a bit aggressive as far as wrasses go, so keep that in mind.
I have had 2 of them. They are the coolest fish to see swimming in the tank. They swim at the top like you said, but the best part is when they stick up the little black shark fin. Looks like a tiny lil red and black shark on a rampage

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my clowns, but my orange spot blenny has the most personality.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could spend hours with my tailspot blenny. Perfect fish for a nano in my opinion. Very interactive. Always swims to the surface to greet me when I'm doing a water change or trimming macro or removing Valonia (grrr). You asked for video, here ya go:

StewL6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 3 golden assessors and 2 Randall assessors in a 22 gallon nano . As matter of fact I built the tank just for them and I managed to get them before the prices went sky high from that fish place Lancaster.Pa.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow eyed kole tang is absolutely going in this tank, at some point.
Great fish as a juvenile, but they always become D-bags. Like most tangs they think they own the tank, bully every new addition, are are just general D-bags.

I've owned a few over the years, and every one ends up being a *****. The blue eyed variant isn't quite an *****, but even they become D-bags eventually.

Had an LFS tell me this many, many years ago. Never believed him, after owning many over the years, I would have to agree.

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the hawk flame. Such a cool fish and love how it comfortably finds a place to sit and watch what’s going on.

but my favorite fish has to be my 10” sohal tang. Such an elegant swimmer and reminds me of diving in the Red Sea.

nathanmaurer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised no one has mentioned the flame hawkfish. Super cool fish in my opinion with a tonne of character.
I was going to list my flame hawkfish as well. Unique personality for sure. I like watching it move around the rock structures and hanging out on its pelvic fins.

Not a fish, but I have to throw my 1.5 foot snowflake moray eel in here. Even with its poor eyesight it knows when I'm there and he'll come out to greet me. I like watching him down a shrimp in one bite as I hand feed it.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to list my flame hawkfish as well. Unique personality for sure. I like watching it move around the rock structures and hanging out on its pelvic fins.

Not a fish, but I have to throw my 1.5 foot snowflake moray eel in here. Even with its poor eyesight it knows when I'm there and he'll come out to greet me. I like watching him down a shrimp in one bite as I hand feed it.
Actually, an eel is a fish! I had a snowflake eel on my stocking list, until my wife got wind of it. Then it was no eel for me!

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had problem with sixline wrasse. My current one is toward the bottom of the pecking order. It is also the right size for your tank.
I would recommend an Eibli dwarf Angel. They constantly swim in and out of rock and are not very common. I do not have one but a Coral Beauty angel would probably be nice. So colorful. Firefish are beautiful but hide a lot. The speed with which they disappear from sight it amazing. Every fish are fun to watch and a variety of species make it your tank very entertaining.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back