What fish do you like you can’t keep in a reef tank?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at @JumboShrimp puffer in another thread and thought that was an awesome fish. Not addressing reef safe or not.

But It got me thinking about all the fish I have had but can’t now keep in a reef.

My coolest fish was back in the 80’s. It was a bi-colored parrot fish. Most awesome fish I ever had. No way it goes in a reef. I actually have been thinking about FOWLR just to get one.

Anyone else have a fish they would like to keep but can’t?

upload_2019-7-7_20-48-20.jpeg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m FOWLR, so other than ‘size’ and ‘fighting’ considerations, I have a lot of freedom of choice when it comes to fish. (I have a couple of 7-gallon nanos to dabble with a few softies.). Of course, I dose nothing into my FOWLR, so that probably saves a ton of money right there ;).

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am definitely on the risky side. I have a Harlequin Tusk, BlueSpot Puffer, Regal Angel (who likes Zoas), and this guy. For now things are fine but if I have issues will just catch them and trade them out for something else nutty. The entire hobby is a major risk but I wouldn't buy a queen angel since she would eat the coral right away, these guys are just horrible for my clean up crew and when big could present a problem for other fish.

IMG_0059.jpeg

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back