What fish do you wish you could have?

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of beautiful butterflies that only feed on specific coral polyps and are impossible to keep, such as Chaetodon austriacus, larvatus, lunulatus, ornatissmus, meyeri, and baronessa.

tigre44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pinneatus batfish. I had one once that I grew from 2-3” to about 14”. He or she would eat just about anything. Would eat spinach right out of my hand. Still morn the loss 30+ years ago.

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it used to be The Dwarf Cuttlefish, sepia bandensis! Now I have those, so maybe the flaymboyant cuttlefish! They’re hard to keep though An epaulette shark would be awesome with the right tank, but I think a Coral Beauty is what I want right now! Every time we get one at work, it sells instantly! But soon!
20102BBE-EE89-40FE-8271-8BB8EDAE2D7A.jpeg

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A hulafish. ORA isn't shipping them to Canada, for some reason, so I'll just have to keep looking at videos.

Also: a captive-bred Royal Gramma for my RSM 250. I only have three fish in there! I'm saving space and being patient!
Not sure if they ship to Canada but I have been seeing the rwu captive bred royal grammas popping up more and more on la divers den lately. Probably anywhere around a handful a week or so.
Edit: might be every few weeks, they go quickly but starting to become more often they are available

Last edited:

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren’t available anymore, they seem to go pretty quickly. Saw quite a few of the fish in this list on their right now. I like checking divers den even when I’m not shopping for fish, always something new and rare.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I will end up doing a big tank downstairs but if I do it’s really tempting to keep an eye out for captive bred purple tangs. They always catch my eye on algae barn but never actually seen them available. Every time I start planning that build it’s adds up way too quickly without even getting into livestock so it will be on the back burner for a good while.

marine betta is another tempting one to try captive. Another one that catches my eye but I don’t see myself ever doing a big enough tank is the biota maculosis angelfish. Actually shocked biota marine bettas are in stock right now, have been out of stock for a long time.

katonge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Tang, Blond Naso and Blue Hippo. Had All three at once time, but the Blond Naso bullied the Yellow Tang to death. The Blond Naso went missing about 2 Months later and was never seen again.
I have a yellow & a blue in my RS260. Hoping to add a Naso when I move everyone over to the WB220.6.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if they ship to Canada but I have been seeing the rwu captive bred royal grammas popping up more and more on la divers den lately. Probably anywhere around a handful a week or so.
Edit: might be every few weeks, they go quickly but starting to become more often they are available
I managed to pick one up a few months ago, and it's in my 40g cube now. They're lovely fish, but I think that my orchid dottybacks are even prettier.

Jbritt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish do you wish you could keep but you just can't. For me it has to be a midnight arothron puffer theres just something about them sadly can't keep one in any of my tanks too aggressive.

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 2.23.00 PM.png
Emperor Angel. I have tried twice, on going through the change. And one Juvenile. Both just decided they didn’t want to live anymore.

Back