What fish do you wish you could have?

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cat shark, Tesselata eel, and a stars and stripes puffer.

These fish would also come with a 2000gallon tank, a bigger house and free fish consultation from Aquaman so they don't kill eachother or eat coral.

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue-spotted maskray (Neotrygon kuhlii)
1662A487-1289-449D-878F-4A2BE549A6B3.jpeg

Hardier than the Bluespotted ribbontail ray (Taeniura lymma), but grows absolutely massive.

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am itching to get my hands on a Yellow Tang... I am on the waiting list at every LFS within 150 miles of here... lol
Hey bud I saw you are in the bay area there is a company by you called Strikers reef co I just got a baby (2.5) inch yellow tang from them 2 was ago they said they have a bunch that are going through their quarantine right now i would reach out to them I got both my tangs from them and they are happy and healthy
VideoCapture_20210907-095057.jpg

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bud I saw you are in the bay area there is a company by you called Strikers reef co I just got a baby (2.5) inch yellow tang from them 2 was ago they said they have a bunch that are going through their quarantine right now i would reach out to them I got both my tangs from them and they are happy and healthy
VideoCapture_20210907-095057.jpg

Hey... Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. That is an old post though. I got a YT from Biota several months back. It is the showpiece fish for my 55g.

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the Flashlight fish tank in the California Academy of Sciences? You can purchase those fish off of LiveAquaria, occasionally.
those are coo but I'm talking about the deep water anglerfish and eels the ones with huge teeth and tiny body lol

Jcascioli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to have a blue spotted jawfish in my reef tank.. They are low temperature and don't do well at 78F.
I had one for years!! They are amazing fish, one of my favorite, no question. The whole “cool water” species is relative. I kept mine 78-80 degrees for years and it was extremely happy and healthy! It wasn’t til my huge coral banded shrimp got him that he finally past away… needless to say I no longer have that shrimp lol. Don’t let the hype around water temp scare you off! You’ll be happy

s_spowart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A copper band butterfly, unfortunately I have yet to find a tank bred copperband, and my tank isn't having anything wild caught due to the detrimental effect it has on wild populations and reef damage, and being in the uk males it incredibly difficult to get anything for my tank, so I can't be too choosy about what I put in there when I do see something tank bred otherwise I would have an empty tank, but I did manage to get a trio of purple tangs tank bred. Saw some yellows on sale much smaller than my purples a couple of months later at a more sensible price than the last one he had, unfortunately I already had the purples by then so couldn't risk adding a yellow or would end up with a dead yellow tang.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second a Clown Trigger. Maybe someday with a much larger tank.
I have a beautiful clown trigger in my 180 tank... I worried about adding him at first with an established Humu Humu, but there were no problems at all.. Those 2 could care less about each other.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back