What fish for nano tank that dont hide all day

gibec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fluval evo..
2 clown fish...
added sixline wrasse, but day 2 it just disappeared and not shown itself for 2 weeks. Lifted my rocks and couldnt find it.. from what i've read so far it probably got stuck on one of the rock crevises and got eaten by my cuc... checking ammonia, but never spiked so i dont know what the heck is going on.. guessing its good as dead so im just going to find another fish to add to the tank..

I was thinking getting a clown goby or a tailspot blenny, but I also dont want another fish that keeps hiding or dissappears.

what are some eye catching fish that like to swim around? I already have a diamond goby that sifts sand all day, but im about to turn him in since i have some corals on the sandbed that gets distracted a lot.. not sure though since i really find him the most active with loads of personality. It once flailed its tail at a hermit crab then spit sand on it which made me lol.

Anyways... any suggestions or recommendations are welcome! Thank you.

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tailspot will chill in your rockwork, but not actually hide. Mine had a great personality and was always popping up in different places. A cardinal doesn’t do a lot of swimming but will float in your view all day.

OP
OP
G

gibec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tailspot will chill in your rockwork, but not actually hide. Mine had a great personality and was always popping up in different places. A cardinal doesn’t do a lot of swimming but will float in your view all day.
cardinal fish def are cool, but creeps me out. Although the black and white ones were pretty cool. Thanks man! 1 step closer to Tailspot!

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 bangai cardinal and a sixline in my 20g nano cube.
The 2 are always out.
20220418_153103.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gibec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 bangai cardinal and a sixline in my 20g nano cube.
The 2 are always out.
are the cardinals ok with just 1 in tank? I always seem them in pairs or groups in other peoples tanks.. I'm sure 2 in my tank might be overkill and people start flaming.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my springer damsel is probably my most out and about fish in my nano. Second would be my firefish, but that doesn't seem to be very common for most people. honestly all of my fish are almost always out when the lights are on. The six line will dart in and out of the rock work looking for food, but the rest (firefish, damsel, midas blenny, gamma) all hang out in the open areas of the tank. I am not sure if this is common, normal, or if i just got lucky with fish that all coexist.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back