What fish, invertebrates or coral should be more common in the hobby?

fishkeepinginasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught this mediterranean rainbow wrasse in Albania and I think it'd be an awesome fish to keep in the tank, but it's not really traded in the hobby. What're some other fish, corals, or invertebrates you think would be suitable
IMG_8846.jpg
for home aquaria.

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing is beautiful! I’d personally like to see more estuarine species. They’re usually somewhat dull in color but are so much hardier than the fancy stuff, it’d cut down on excess mortality for fishes in this hobby if they became more popular

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WoW! Beautiful fish!!

OP
OP
fishkeepinginasia

fishkeepinginasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing is beautiful! I’d personally like to see more estuarine species. They’re usually somewhat dull in color but are so much hardier than the fancy stuff, it’d cut down on excess mortality for fishes in this hobby if they became more popular
Which ones specifically? I'm not familiar with many estuarine species

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia crabs, Trimma and Eviota gobies, tilefish, newer types of dartfish, Christmas tree worms, commensal hermit crabs, bongo shrimp, and hairy mushroom corals. A lot I know. :D

OP
OP
fishkeepinginasia

fishkeepinginasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia crabs, Trimma and Eviota gobies, tilefish, newer types of dartfish, Christmas tree worms, commensal hermit crabs, bongo shrimp, and hairy mushroom corals. A lot I know. :D
Man I wish you had send this yesterday! haha I made a youtube video and would've loved to include these haha

OP
OP
fishkeepinginasia

fishkeepinginasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fish: sweepers and bullseye, eastern hula fish, banded blade fin basslet, ghost pipefish
inverts: coral crabs,
This helped a ton man! I made a youtube video about fish that are hard to get and I included the eastern hula fish and banded blade fin basslet on my list!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back