What fish would you add to a 40 breeder

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 breeder with 1 clownfish, 1 banggai cardinal, 1 royal gramma, and 1 melanurus wrasse. What else would be good additions that would get along with my current list. I have had these same 4 together for over a year, and they get along great. I dont want to upset the apple cart as they say, but would like some more movement in the tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
flame angel

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try another clownfish and go for a pair or some more cardinals but if you want something different you could try a Midas blenny

40b Starter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 breeder with 1 clownfish, 1 banggai cardinal, 1 royal gramma, and 1 melanurus wrasse. What else would be good additions that would get along with my current list. I have had these same 4 together for over a year, and they get along great. I dont want to upset the apple cart as they say, but would like some more movement in the tank.
I just added tailspot blenny and green chromis to my 40 breeder. Chromis is super active. Blenny swims around a lot more than I expected and always near the front glass and picking at rocks. Would highly recommend both.

They were added to a pair of clowns and an orchid dottyback that have been in tank for about 9 months. All together for 3 days now with limited aggression.

Big concern is uronema with Chromis. I started with 3. One was DOA, and the second got some kind of swim bladder infection during QT (not uronema). 30 days of QT and hopeful I dodged the bullet with the final chromis.

Ninic Luka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
melanurus wrasse will eventually get too big for that tank im at the momenr setting up 40g sps dominated tank that will be on my 140g system(+ that new 40g) i will stock it with 2 bangai cardinals 2 clowns 1 mandarin 1 curt jester goby if i get my hands on orange spotted filefish and helfrichi firefish

Back