What fish would you never ever want to keep? Or even be near ever lol

oceans garden aquaculture

Oceans garden aquaculture
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rare deep water sea lard is my #1 NO THANKS YA DANG LARD!
hlR78brCV0NDiWK4jS7TL7kRk3Wad1zhJ6BkOdKpZgc.png

Psychrolutes marcidus, the smooth-head blobfish,[1] also known simply as blobfish,[1] is a deep sea fish of the family Psychrolutidae. It inhabits the deep waters off the coasts of mainland Australia and Tasmania, as well as the waters of New Zealand

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A titan triggerfish or its equivalent in the reef tank of the six line wrasse
Those are definitely reef tank terrorists lol, but are there any fish that give you that "uncanny valley" sort of vibe? Only the blob fish gets me, I think it's the oddly human features.... It's unsettling, but I can't stop looking at it.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are definitely reef tank terrorists lol, but are there any fish that give you that "uncanny valley" sort of vibe? Only the blob fish gets me, I think it's the oddly human features.... It's unsettling, but I can't stop looking at it.
Ohhh i get it now lol, i know theres a fish but i cant remember, ill try and think

JW3500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a formosa wrasse, I thought he looked cool. I had no idea it would flip all of the high end corals on my sand bed, even the ones on 3" discs. He is in my sump ready to fly. On the bright side he did an awesome job keeping the sand bed stirred and clean.

Last edited:
OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a formosa wrasse, I thought he looked cool. I had no idea it would flip all of the high end corals on my sand bed, even the ones on 3" discs. He is in my sump ready to fly. On the bright side he did an awesome job keeping the sand bed stirred amd clean.
You'll have that, but I'm talking heebeegeebees kinda unsettling. Does anything in the ocean freak you out on a deep subconscious level?

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to upset the Clown fish lovers but I hate Clown fish, I just cannot abide them, I cannot see a point to them, they don't even swim about, just stay in one spot 24/7, a friend of mine had a pair in a 7ft tank, they only saw about a foot of it.
Just pointless

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eels. They give me the heebie jeebies.

Also its not a fish but, longspine urchans. LFS put one in their cheap frag tank and I refuse to look at it since.
Aichmophobia (/ˌeɪkməˈfoʊbiə/) is a kind of specific phobia, the morbid fear of sharp things, such as pencils, needles, knives, a pointing finger, or even the sharp end of an umbrella and different sorts of protruding corners or sharp edges in furnitures and building constructions/materials

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aichmophobia (/ˌeɪkməˈfoʊbiə/) is a kind of specific phobia, the morbid fear of sharp things, such as pencils, needles, knives, a pointing finger, or even the sharp end of an umbrella and different sorts of protruding corners or sharp edges in furnitures and building constructions/materials
Its more of a “freak me out” than a phobia similar to my dislike of these seed pods.

1585262520861.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back