WHAT FOOD SHOULD I USE

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32.5 gal Fluval flex tank, going to be an LPS and Softie tank. I currently feed Mysis shrimp mixed with crushed up algae pellets and a little bit of RO/DI water, but is that the best thing to feed?

MY CURRENT LIVESTOCK
  • Tailspot Blenny x1
  • Ocellarus Clownfish x2
MY FUTURE LIVESTOCK (italicized means I may get them, but I also may not)
  • Tailspot Blenny x1
  • Ocellarus Clownfish x2
  • Yellow Canaris Wrasse x1 or Carpenter Flasher Wrasse x1
  • Royal Gramma x1 or Firefish x
  • Cardinal Fish x2
  • Banded Trochus Snail x4
  • Cerith Snail x4
  • Super Tongan Nassarius Snail x2
Fighting Conch x1

FUTURE CORAL (open for suggestions)

I’m open to any suggestions for what I have listed, but my main focus is what to feed them:)

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the mysis with crushed pellets all you feed?

You should really be feeding a variety of foods. Frozen mysis is a good start but you should add some other frozens, flakes/pellets, and maybe some liquid foods.

Would definitely add some brine, LRS food mix, krill, pods, and than some kind of flakes or foods that are made for you fish. Aquaforest liquid foods are good, easy to use and very clean with minimal dirtiness of water when added.

You should also look into some kind of vitamin supplement just to help improve health. I use Aquaforest Fish V but have also heard good things about selcon.

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the mysis with crushed pellets all you feed?

You should really be feeding a variety of foods. Frozen mysis is a good start but you should add some other frozens, flakes/pellets, and maybe some liquid foods.

Would definitely add some brine, LRS food mix, krill, pods, and than some kind of flakes or foods that are made for you fish. Aquaforest liquid foods are good, easy to use and very clean with minimal dirtiness of water when added.

You should also look into some kind of vitamin supplement just to help improve health. Fish V but have also heard good things about selcon.
If I used all those foods, should I mix it to feed at the same time or feed them all seperately?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I used all those foods, should I mix it to feed at the same time or feed them all seperately?
No feed them separately. One day one food the next another food. This adds variety in the sense it will keep the fish engages as they will get different foods as well as improve immune system. I usually feed 2-3 times a day and I have about 15 foods to choose from.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use rods, reef frenzy, pe mysis. Thaw them together in a cup and use over the course of a few days then repeat. Oh..also add selcon and vitachem

Back