What % frags do you think have survived?

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100 percent of my corals survived. I did start early 4 month ish in to new tank so I had to watch my tank like a hawk. My reef went through ugly phase with my hammer a lepto a acropora and a chalice. All survived grow fine and have since introduced 8 more corals and grow great. Like others mentioned there is alot of variable into first corals and survival rate. How stable the tank is. How long it has been set up and the water parameters. Along with what sorta plan do you have for when things do go bad and how you respond to the situation will all determine succeeding.

Rickyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90-95%, 80ish if you count the ones I just tossed because I didn’t like them. Zoas for some reason are not fond of my tank but everything else seems happy
I’m in the same situation idk why zoas just aren’t opening up in my tank. And I keep happy gonioporas and euphylia

Rickyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100 percent of my corals survived. I did start early 4 month ish in to new tank so I had to watch my tank like a hawk. My reef went through ugly phase with my hammer a lepto a acropora and a chalice. All survived grow fine and have since introduced 8 more corals and grow great. Like others mentioned there is alot of variable into first corals and survival rate. How stable the tank is. How long it has been set up and the water parameters. Along with what sorta plan do you have for when things do go bad and how you respond to the situation will all determine succeeding.
Such a pro

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a pro
Nah I just like to keep things simple. I have a 47g breader aio. I run carbon and a skimmer and have a real small refugium hang on back. I do 5g water change once a week. I do dr Tim's waste away once a month. I feed heavy. I have one clown fish lawnmower blenny, diamond goby, 6 line wrasse, scooter blenny, a blue green chromis a cleaning shrimp 6 emerald crabs 5 hermit crabs 10 snails. The clean up crew does most the work. When I test things stay pretty stable i have 50 lbs rock 1 inch deep sand bed that I dont siphon or stir. I will be honest it just works for me. I'm sure it could be replicated but the rest is up to the reef gods I guess.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back