What Goby or Blenny has the most personality?

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my 32 Biocube tank I am just going over the stocking again and I would really like a Goby or a Blenny (whichever one has the most personality) that is derpy and crawls on the rocks I personally think it looks hilarious when they hop around with their googly eyes so any suggestions for Gobies or Blennys like that are very much appreciated!

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I forgot to mention preferably something that could pair up with a pistol shrimp or something of the sorts

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite by personality is my clown goby. But that one won't pair with a pistol.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The grumpy sailfin or starry blenny imo have the “most” personality of the bunch. I wouldnt say its my favorite trait of them tbh. Wont pair with a shrimp.
Yellow wtachman are fun to watch from their shared borrow with a shrimp. Also easy to see since bright yellow. Compared to some smaller shrimp gobys.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tough question! So many gobies and blennies have great personalities.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good suggestions. I really like the lawnmower blennies I have. I also had a eyebrow barnacle blenny that was a real cool fish to watch. Almost eel like. It found a favorite hole and kept watch. When feeding it would most often snatch food from the mouths of other fish. Loved that fish, but it was a jumper and made it out somehow.

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue dot jaw fish comes to mind. Very grumpy but won’t play nice with anyone.lawnmowers, Midas and starry blennies also have great personalities

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starry is my choice. I love mine. His little eyelashes make him look like an old man. Haha

corey

I call mine "ugly fish" but he doesn't mind. So ugly he's cute. Mine has started changing colors like a mood ring and he's definitely not stressed out. Don't know why he does it but cool to watch. This one has a lot of personality plus the Tail Spot Blenny has tons too.

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at Starry Blennys and I really like they really appeal to me as a Goby I'd want but my one big concern is are they completely reef safe? I don't want them nipping my polyps.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy choice for me , a group of barnacle blennies.

Merv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my 32 Biocube tank I am just going over the stocking again and I would really like a Goby or a Blenny (whichever one has the most personality) that is derpy and crawls on the rocks I personally think it looks hilarious when they hop around with their googly eyes so any suggestions for Gobies or Blennys like that are very much appreciated!
Do yourself a favor and skip any goby that digs in the sand. Not cute!

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at Starry Blennys and I really like they really appeal to me as a Goby I'd want but my one big concern is are they completely reef safe? I don't want them nipping my polyps.

Mine certainly never touches any. He mainly just swims around like a goof and then purchases on rocks.

Gw2kpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I forgot to mention preferably something that could pair up with a pistol shrimp or something of the sorts

If you get a goby that pairs with a pistol shrimp it will spend a lot of time in the hole with the shrimp and less time out and about on the rockwork.

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5” pink spotted watchman goby I call “sheriff” mostly because he’s always standing guard while his shrimp buddy excavates the home. Mines been pretty calm and isn’t “jumpy” per say he will shoot under rocks vs shooting out the top of the tank unlike my small yellow goby once upon a time. Here’s the Sheriff below

021C6656-DDAF-4D89-A85F-E67FDDB93A23.jpeg

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get a goby that pairs with a pistol shrimp it will spend a lot of time in the hole with the shrimp and less time out and about on the rockwork.
You arnt wrong there I haven’t really seen mine for two days. But they’re working, the sand buildup around the home has gotten much bigger.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back