What grinds your gears? Most annoying Reefer forum behaviors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The folks who post pictures of hitchhikers and it either looks like they were driving past their tank at 90 miles an hour, or they were standing in their kitchen, 30 feet away, or just don't know how to focus their camera. Drives me nuts....and the worst part is that I still try to take a guess of what this blurred pinhead might be. :mad:

While that is true, and funny, it's not always the posters fault, except far away shots. Most people don't use DSLR cameras because of phone cameras. For some reason, my phone has a very hard time focusing on things in my tank. It can't tell the difference between foreground and background in a water environment where many things are moving. Usually the best way, for me, to get the thing to Focus, is to stand back a bit. So that's why I try to avoid taking pics of my tank, and my phone isn't a point of sale either.

Plus, there are sooo many picture settings, I don't have the time to look up what everything does.

But we do the best we can with the info provided ;)

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While that is true, and funny, it's not always the posters fault, except far away shots. Most people don't use DSLR cameras because of phone cameras. For some reason, my phone has a very hard time focusing on things in my tank. It can't tell the difference between foreground and background in a water environment where many things are moving. Usually the best way, for me, to get the thing to Focus, is to stand back a bit. So that's why I try to avoid taking pics of my tank, and my phone isn't a point of sale either.

Plus, there are sooo many picture settings, I don't have the time to look up what everything does.

But we do the best we can with the info provided ;)

Well...if someone is too lazy to figure out their camera phone, technically it is their fault :D

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...if someone is too lazy to figure out their camera phone, technically it is their fault :D

Nothing to do with laziness. Comes down to time and priorities. Going through 100 different settings on a phone just for the camera isn't one of them. I put most on auto and the friggin thing doesn't focus right on an aquarium. Just because someone doesn't do something doesn't automatically mean it's because they're lazy.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really hate when somebody thinks they are too smart or too experienced to help explain something to a newbie like me. You know, the snarky answers. The truly wise reefers remember being new and that there is more than one way to have a successful tank.

Luno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just transferred here after receiving a ban on rc. So two things. . .

- a mod can have a political view but no one else can

- lounge behavior derailing proper threads with childish antics

Luno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's easier to distinguish a problem (fish disease, coral pest, hitchhiker, etc.) if the pic is taken under white light than blue lighting.

Just sayin' :D

This x1000 I notice the fb groups are horrible for this

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When mods delete a perfectly funny 80s bangers post for no identifiably intelligent reason

* Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and, if necessary, ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account. Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material

Please review the Terms of Service.

https://www.reef2reef.com/help/terms

Family Friendly.

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you get a warning for self censoring.

100% my fault (it IS in the rules that I hadn't read), but when I first joined last year I got a warning because I changed a swear to x***x format instead of letting the system take over for me - which I didn't know it would at the time. Was trying to be responsible and got dinged for it. I understand that it is a family forum, but sometimes it can get a little overboard.

BUT, I'm appreciative of it, because this is my favorite forum on the internet. 99% of people are respectful here, and I'm sure that's mostly due to, in part, the strict monitoring. Crazy how the mods are everywhere at once!

McArcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who ask for input and then take it personal when they get it! I always have liked constructive criticism, it's how I grow!;)

This X 1,000.
And they get snarky and then insult you for having the nerve to think they didn't already know what you just told them.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who always seem to have input on all subjects and are very defensive if you don’t agree... did I say I [emoji173]️R2R!

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hate when somebody thinks they are too smart or too experienced to help explain something to a newbie like me. You know, the snarky answers. The truly wise reefers remember being new and that there is more than one way to have a successful tank.

Most people or big youtubers actually just started as experts right away... so its understandable your questions are beneath them and you should be patronized for it;Playful

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually thinking about this when heared mr. Paletta talking about making friends in the hobby. Like dude how? Most of us are socially akward as ... and just want to move on with their lives after buying or selling a frag hahah. Just my experience.

Love the people on here though I doubt any of you lives nearby. Actually talked to some really cool people who even helped me out over the phone once.

No doubt! Got to know Adam from Battlecorals! Turns out he’s right Down the road. This could get budget ugly real fast.

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who do not update threads with the final results. You know the ones that start something like Help, my fish are dying, then a thread with lots of good advice and information that ends with the OP stating they will go do it............ then nothing. Did it work, did they survive, did they all burst into flames from the bad advice? Just search stringy poop and see how many just end with the advice for what to do....

Or threads that ask for advice to solve a problem, any problem. Lots of good input, then dead thread disease strikes again and there is no closure on if any of it actually worked or not.

People always say search and the answers are already out there but are they really? Questions are out there, lots of advice but for me I want closure and an update on how it all worked out.

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who do not update threads with the final results. You know the ones that start something like Help, my fish are dying, then a thread with lots of good advice and information that ends with the OP stating they will go do it............ then nothing. Did it work, did they survive, did they all burst into flames from the bad advice? Just search stringy poop and see how many just end with the advice for what to do....

In that example I pretty much always assume their fish died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back