What happened to the gluegun?

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a Coralvue gluegun for Christmas and want to get a refill of glue. There doesn't appear to be any refills available anywhere. The same with the gun. Was it pulled off of the shelves for some reason?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn’t work at all... nozzle immediately clogs after use. Probably got pulled IMO.

OP
OP
mwilk19

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RJ M.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot for the info. I went ahead and snagged a refill. Hopefully they're working on a redesign. It's a good idea just not good execution on the design.
No problem at all. Yeah I have heard many people talk about the tips, but this usually a problem on any glue used in the hobby.

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you having issues with the nozzle clogging, use a lighter and heat the metal tip it will unclog within a few seconds. just be careful where you do this because it usually shoots a little flaming glue out when it breaks free. Hope this helps. If I remember correctly I saw this tip in a youtube video shortly after the release of the glue gun.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plastic needles.png

Thanks for your feedback, we will add plastic nozzles with glue gun in the future. With a cap, it could prevent the air from coming in. Therefore, it could prevent the nozzle clogging.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plastic needles.png

Thanks for your feedback, we will add plastic nozzles with glue gun in the future. With a cap, it could prevent the air from coming in. Therefore, it could prevent the nozzle clogging.

Any way to get these if we already own the glue gun?

ithk21620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the glue gun but I too don't like the tips. I don't see any need of having that fine of a tip so I don't use them anymore. I just remove the blue cap on the tube, squirt out what I need and then replace it.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot for the info. I went ahead and snagged a refill. Hopefully they're working on a redesign. It's a good idea just not good execution on the design.
I bought the coral hand saw and tried to use it on a Trachy base, its usless its basicly a tree pruner with very small teeth, suppose it would work on soft live rock.
I do like those one-shot glue grenade packs.
s-l640.jpg

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a Coralvue gluegun for Christmas and want to get a refill of glue. There doesn't appear to be any refills available anywhere. The same with the gun. Was it pulled off of the shelves for some reason?
Mines still in package in the fridge haven't used it, brand new, too bulky I'm noticing

Back