what happened to yellow tang price?!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Either you are missing the point or I'm not replying properly to articulate it. When I say remove emotion or politics it is because I don't care about them. I don't care how or why the ban was in place because I have no say nor can I change it. Does that make sense? It isn't saying your opinion doesn't matter.

We can still buy corals, fish, and have displays. The sky didn't fall nor did the hobby die.
And all I was trying to say was that I wasn't talking about 'emotion or politics'. Except if what you were trying to say is that the Hawaii ban was about politics and emotion? But I don't think I'm getting your point? The title of the Thread is 'What happened to the price of yellow tangs?' My answer is/was the ban from Hawaii. (and of course shipping costs)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You really can't remove politics from discussions, can you? Who cares about the reason. You can't change it nor can you change the players behind it. Let it go.

I'm reading price as your concern. Secondly, you feel there may be other bans. Thirdly, you believe in X amount of time there will be no aquariums. Right?

I wonder for those here raising the price as a concern pay several hundred dollars for a 1/4" frag or $1,500.00 for a holy grail torch. Ignoring politics and expansion talk this is a hobby. Disposable income. We all have price points we work within. I hear, and understand, and respect those. I don't have an answer nor did you ask for one. Reptiles and avian / birds, seem to be doing well.

I don't think this hobby is going anywhere. And if restrictions continue then we have what can be bred, raised, or passed/shared between us. Limited selection I guess but still possible to have nice displays.
I'm getting the drift of what you're trying to say (I think) - and I disagree with you - the only reason I disagree with you is that the thread is specifically about 'the price of yellow tangs'. If some of the reasons are political or emotional (not mine - but rather the people talking about banning aquaria, etc) that is part of the discussion right?

5 Years ago - if someone had said "in 2023, you won't be able to buy simple antibiotics in multiple countries for fish" everyone would have thought that was a silly statement - yet thats where we are today. There are multiple organizations wanting to ban not only fish and coral imports - but but all aquaria (fresh and salt). And by the way - they are also wanting to make breeding fish and coral illegal as well. Thats not my political or emotional statement - its true?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting the drift of what you're trying to say (I think) - and I disagree with you - the only reason I disagree with you is that the thread is specifically about 'the price of yellow tangs'. If some of the reasons are political or emotional (not mine - but rather the people talking about banning aquaria, etc) that is part of the discussion right?

5 Years ago - if someone had said "in 2023, you won't be able to buy simple antibiotics in multiple countries for fish" everyone would have thought that was a silly statement - yet thats where we are today. There are multiple organizations wanting to ban not only fish and coral imports - but but all aquaria (fresh and salt). And by the way - they are also wanting to make breeding fish and coral illegal as well. Thats not my political or emotional statement - its true?

You are not getting the point. Probably my fault for not articulating it well. Let us just let it be with a disagreement between the both of us. No harm or foul.

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG… are you saying that you believe that McDonalds uses real beef in their burgers!!!!!!!!

:)
Calm down everyone
in any case, yellow tang is out of the picture as of today. but there may be other surgeon fish that may be of interest.

Back