What have you removed from your tank in the last year?

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past year, I have removed a lot of gear from my main display tank, simplifying things greatly:

1) Refugium; struggling to keep nutrients up. (I dose PO4/NO3 and feed 6 times a day)
2) Kalk stirrer. Just run a bucket w/dosing pump.
3) Activated carbon; didn't see benefits. Keep it on standby in case
4) UV; worked on dinos, white spot; PITA to maintain every few months. Doing fine w/o it.

I'm running a filter pad replaced weekly, a skimmer (4 hrs a day, dosing pumps, and a return pump). Less has been more, and my maintenance regimen has been dramatically reduced. Back to basics as this tank has become mature after 18 months is working for now. I have added a couple of cheap powerheads and a Trident a year ago which has been beneficial for me. What have you decided to reef-delete?

IMG_2942.jpg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
removed some shells that were crowding my sandbed up. my CUC seem to be content with their current shells. also removed some dead corals.

luckily everything is con cruise control currently, however i need to keep an eye on my ALK. but i manually dose, so there really isn't anything to add or remove.

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to upgrade so a lot will be moving around... but, currently I'm going to have to remove a red mithrax crab - it took a leg off my serpent starfish, swiped at my tang, and aggressively waved its claws at me like it was yelling at me to "get off my lawn!" LOL

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of dead corals and snails... I've actually added on more equipment with the Apex, DOS, and another Kamoer X1 Pro.

Back