Status
Not open for further replies.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, how could they possibly have all that money? We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world! lol.

Whoa there on the healthcare. You are starting to sound like a left coast liberal. I can just see you rolling out in the Louisville streets with a "Free Health Care for All" bumper sticker. lol!!!

Greg, I have family that works in healthcare and see what is actually going on. I don't get my news from Fox.:) I don't go with the line of private health care is the way to go. As I see the issues first hand thru support groups that my wife leads. I also see how corporations have cut health care cost first hand. When going to the drug store the copay keeps going up or drugs go out of reach due to insurance not covering it anymore
. An Everyone needs Healthcare for sure. There is nothing Left about that In fact Nixon and the Republicans pushed for universal health care I remember them back then. Drug companies and insurance have way too much influence to allow it here nowadays. They got close to passing it back then.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know that answer.

Okay I think I was wrong on this. For the past two years US was ahead of China. I read an article stating China is projected to surpass US this year which gave me the wrong impression.

Last edited:
OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are starting to sound like a left coast liberal. I can just see you rolling out in the Louisville streets with a "Free Health Care for All" bumper sticker. lol!!!
Your forgetting the free phone.;)

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg, I have family that works in healthcare and see what is actually going on. I don't get my news from Fox.:) I don't go with the line of private health care is the way to go. As I see the issues first hand thru support groups that my wife leads. I also see how corporations have cut health care cost first hand. When going to the drug store the copay keeps going up or drugs go out of reach due to insurance not covering it anymore
. An Everyone needs Healthcare for sure. There is nothing Left about that In fact Nixon and the Republicans pushed for universal health care I remember them back then. Drug companies and insurance have way too much influence to allow it here nowadays. They got close to passing it back then.

So y0u want your family to work for minimum wage? I am ok with that if you are.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey EVERYONE WE ALL might be getting too political and the BIG guy might pull the plug. PLEASE keep to world trade of REEF gear ;);););)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many are already working at minimum wage. An what has that to do with health care. I know everyone is biased about giving anyone anything anymore. Thinking it will hurt them. But the prices of health care is due to people not having health care. Just like you have to have car insurance nowadays. Well back in the 70's people didn't have to have car insurance to drive their cars. An just don't get hit by them and you end up paying for the car repair your self as your insurance wouldn't cover the repair of an uninsured driver. Go to an ER one Saturday night and see the people there who can not afford health care. My daughter is an EMT and she see's the issue first hand.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Politics is the new religion. No discussing it in mixed company.

The weather is beautiful here.

IMO, religion is the new politics.

But the fact is we're 90 posts into an offtopic thread in the Equipment forum. That's not the time/place to go even more political. ;)

(As fun as it has been, aren't threads like this supposed to be in the Lounge or someplace else anyway? I watch the equipment forum on purpose – but not for threads like this. :))

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all US is not the biggest consumer. Do you want to guess again?

Ya. The United States! I’m sure ur google search told you different. I do a bit more research before I make claims. You go w ur numbers if they work for you. I’m ok w that. This is America, you have the right to say anything you like. That’s just one of many things I adore of this great Nation. God bless. I’m not hatin. I was just giving my opinion earlier.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many are already working at minimum wage. An what has that to do with health care. I know everyone is biased about giving anyone anything anymore. Thinking it will hurt them. But the prices of health care is due to people not having health care. Just like you have to have car insurance nowadays. Well back in the 70's people didn't have to have car insurance to drive their cars. An just don't get hit by them and you end up paying for the car repair your self as your insurance wouldn't cover the repair of an uninsured driver. Go to an ER one Saturday night and see the people there who can not afford health care. My daughter is an EMT and she see's the issue first hand.

I am just here for reef stuff.

All health care is paid for. Those people that don't pay. Well someone else is.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, religion is the new politics.

But the fact is we're 90 posts into an offtopic thread in the Equipment forum. That's not the time/place to go even more political. ;)

(As fun as it has been, aren't threads like this supposed to be in the Lounge or someplace else anyway? I watch the equipment forum on purpose – but not for threads like this. :))

LOL

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agreed. I’m sorry. I’m done spittin poo. I’m out on this one too. Ima go look at some corals to buy local. This threads been exhausting and prolly gettin close to makin enemies w my fellow reefer pals and gals. I’ll check y’all on another thread. Btw I’m glad you said this.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of health care costs have to do with how almost prices are set, simply search chargemaster, or negotiated rate in any search engine.

As to tariffs, they and subsidies are only part of trade barriers. Some are physical. We can not outcompete china as an import partner to Vietnam, when its ports can not handle that quantity of goods. (Why they stopped importing our recycling, their ports were overwhelmed)

Some are customs related, longer a countries goods are held at port the smaller portion that countries goods will make it to market.

How this will influence our reefing gear.

I predict the first items that will increase in cost will be those running close to cost and involve high powered processors. Tablets, displays, controllers(these may have a higher profit margin honestly no idea), etc.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all US is not the biggest consumer. Do you want to guess again?

Debating things that can be looked up and easily confirmed is pointless. The US may not have the most individual consumers, but by gross domestic product we remain well ahead of second place China. China will pass us, it's almost inevitable; probably by 2025 or 2026. Most global manufacturers realize that in order to meet revenue growth targets, they must be able to reach the untapped consumer demand from countries like China and India. There simply isn't enough demand growth in the more mature economies to fuel that growth. Thus the 'Devils bargain'.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey EVERYONE WE ALL might be getting too political and the BIG guy might pull the plug. PLEASE keep to world trade of REEF gear ;);););)
Yes. Please let’s keep the politics out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back