ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone enlighten me on this lol.

20221130_224937.jpg
You may have a female Green Spoon Worm, Bonellia viridis. If so, be aware that it is toxic (the toxin is called Bonellin, and I’m not sure about it’s effects on people), and please handle it with care and a good pair of gloves.

OP
OP
pugz508

pugz508

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have a female Green Spoon Worm, Bonellia viridis. If so, be aware that it is toxic (the toxin is called Bonellin, and I’m not sure about it’s effects on people), and please handle it with care and a good pair of gloves.
You are absolutely correct. Thanks for the info. Are these common hitch hikers for us?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are absolutely correct. Thanks for the info. Are these common hitch hikers for us?
To my knowledge, no. You’re actually the only person I’ve ever seen with one. I actually only know about these guys because I went on a slight marine worm researching binge a while back (despite that, I’ve barely scratched the surface in learning about worms at this point, so it’s quite lucky on my part that I recognized this one).

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my knowledge, no. You’re actually the only person I’ve ever seen with one. I actually only know about these guys because I went on a slight marine worm researching binge a while back (despite that, I’ve barely scratched the surface in learning about worms at this point, so it’s quite lucky on my part that I recognized this one).
+1. Throughout my time being a member on Reef2Reef I've only seen a single report of a green spoon worm hitchhiking into someone's tank (which I initially misidentified as a ribbon worm):
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/two-tenticals-in-live-rock.924241/

OP
OP
pugz508

pugz508

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aquarium started as all dry rock seeded with tims. The only rock I added was from a well established reef from a member in a local club. Most of my corals I bring in I dip and inspect. Definitely going to wear gloves from this point forward if my hands go into the tank

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that’s where you probably got it , local club member from his well established reef…

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back